What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Sarracenia flava pollen

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
Since I only have one plant (two flowers) self pollinating is not a good idea but I'd like to try my hand at producing seeds. First flower started to open 03/26/07.

PM me if you have any S. flava pollen available. Pollen exchange or seeds if successful is possible. I don't know the time frame for pollinating Sarracenia is though.

TIA

Ok, it looks like some of the S. leucophylla flowers I have are about to open too, so maybe I'll pollinate the S. flava using the S. leucophylla. If anybody would like some S. leucophylla pollen I have 10 flowers on the way so I should have plenty. I'm checking with my source of the plants if he has location info on them.

I guess I better bag the S. flava :)

I've got some S. flava blooming right now. I believe they're some kind of hybrid between ssp. rugelli and ssp. rubricorpora. Nice red pitchers with purple veins. LMK if you still need pollen and I'll get some to ya.

Peter

Back