What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. scorpioides gemmae

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
Hey guys,

I'm down to my last 12 D. scorpioides gemmae. I am so tired of looking at the lil buggers that I will give them to the first person that posts. USA only.

If you're in the USA they be yours :boogie:

Yep, Kansas to be exact.

Thanks. I really appreciate it, I have been watching these threads like a hawk for a deal like this! I feel like I just won Wheel of Fortune....thank you Pat Sajak!!!

that was quick Steve :grin:

I'll email you shortly Victoria :-D . These things grow like weeds for me.

Rattler, Back in 2003, when I offered the first gemmae my plants produced I was flooded with pms. I sent out about 60 of my little foam boxes with 25 gemmae in each. I still had a couple hundred left over. Strange thing is, the next year hardly anybody wanted them for trade. Go figure. :jester:

The gemmae you sent me are sprouting. :-D

PM sent

I am getting some soon....how do u grow them? they grow like weeds? :p

thanx,

vraev

I'll email you shortly Victoria :-D . These things grow like weeds for me.

Rattler, Back in 2003, when I offered the first gemmae my plants produced I was flooded with pms. I sent out about 60 of my little foam boxes with 25 gemmae in each. I still had a couple hundred left over. Strange thing is, the next year hardly anybody wanted them for trade. Go figure. :jester:

Of the 20 that I got, I had 9 plants reach adulthood. Those plants all produced gemmae which was either given away or replanted into my collection. Today I have 3 huge potfulls of plants from last seasons gemmae that I couldn't get people to take even if I threatened them with great bodily harm.. ???

i'll take some!!! PMme for an address of u have ne left!

Of the 20 that I got, I had 9 plants reach adulthood. Those plants all produced gemmae which was either given away or replanted into my collection. Today I have 3 huge potfulls of plants from last seasons gemmae that I couldn't get people to take even if I threatened them with great bodily harm.. ???

I was a "johnny-come-lately" in early 2004 and got 40 gemmae (Vic Brown & Cephalotus88) and all 40 sprouted. They did well until the summer of 2005. Might have been too much live LFS or too wet of conditions.

D_scorpiodes.jpg

D_scorpiodes_Vic_Brown.jpg

Might have been too much live LFS or too wet of conditions.
Could be Jim. I grow mine in a 1:1 peat: perlite mix. My plants from the gemmae from Vic Brown had pinkish flowers. Did yours?

I am getting some soon....how do u grow them? they grow like weeds? :p
I have two batches of D. scorpioides. One batch is from gemmae that I recieved from Vic Brown the year before US customs decided to be sticklers about importing plant material and the other is from gemmae I got from Cephalotus88. I grow Vic's in an 8" pot and Ceph's in a 6" pot. Both seem to grow eqully well. Width of the pot isn't as important as depth of the pot. D. scorpioides has some pretty long roots and they appreciate haveing some depth to stretch them out in. Also, it will make it easier to keep the top of the pot dry if/when they go into summer dormancy. You can just add a little water to the bottom of the tray to keep the soil at the bottom of the pot moist without soaking the whole pot.

Truthfully, I can't remember which had pink flowers, but one of them did! Vic's grew at a slower rate than did '88.

un-load your weeds

I'm not begging, but if anyone want to un-load their excess D. scorpioides gammae, I be willing to give the little gammae a home.

Please PM me.

I've had a few more requests for gemmae. I only had 12 as I stated guys. There ain't no more till next fall.

ooh... "first person" lol, I feel like an idiot. I mis-read it and thought you were giving them to twelve individual people. lol, I'm sorry man.

also sorry for miss informing you CP_dude :blush:

I'll try to have that utric out on monday dude

it's alright neon. ok, that sounds great!

Back