What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After lots of consideration I have decided to trade all of my Sarrs. I really like them but I just dont have much time to be outside to enjoy them. So I have the following for trade:

S. "Bugscoop"
S. 'Mitchelliana'
S. readii "Alabama Red"
S. "Scarlet Belle" x S. flava "Red Tube"
S. leucophylla
S. "Dixie Lace"
S. 'excellens'
S. purpurea purpurea "heterophylla" (grown under lights)
S. hybrid (1.5 years old in a terrerium, its red and white)

I am looking for any Nepenthes that I dont already have but am willing to consider anything, just shoot me an offer. I am in Kansas. Either PM or email jerm28@ruraltel.net

Thanks!
Victoria

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what I have left so far after all pending trades, I will edit this message as others go:

S. 'Mitchelliana'
S. leucophylla
S. "Dixie Lace"
S. hybrid (1.5 years old in a terrerium, its red and white)

I forgot about this Sarr that I have for trade:

S. rubra alabamensis

Can't trade that. It can only be given away.

Really? How come, it was traded to me.

I thought that it only couldn't be traded across state lines.

You can only trade inside your state in accordance with the ESA and you must add a not that it's only for trading in X state. Otherwise if you don't add "Only in state X" people will take it the wrong way and think you mean for anyone, like I did.

For more information, see this:
http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq4310.html

Thanks for clearing that up....I did mean for everyone, I didnt know there was a law against it, it was traded to me by someone out of my state so I didnt have a clue.

OK, so lets try this again...

I have S. rubra alabamensis for trade to anyone in Kansas.

Thanks again for the correction!
Victoria

Hey Justlikeapill....I thought you were pro-everything.....

I'm pro-conservation :)

I think it's a stupid law personally but you don't want the government to come after you.

LOL....do you realize it is impossible to be pro-everything? I am pro-life so that means I am anti-abortion....see my point?

Im glad you pointed that out to me, no I wouldnt want the gov after me.....but they will be after us all someday......

Lol, well you know. Not literally everything. I'm pro-choice, but not anti-keeping-your-baby.

I want to say up to 5K fine. I don't know where I get that number from, could be 500 dollar per plant. Maybe even jail time, I've never had a reason to really study up on it.

Victoria, notice on your first post at the bottom there is an edit by Pyro. You didn't forget to add that sarr... it was deleted by a mod for the same reason others had mentioned above :p

OK, I didnt notice that, so I am allowed to trade it in state correct??

short answer. Yes. Long answer, read the URL that justlikeapill linked to on page one of this topic (reply 7 ):D

You might not find a trader in Kansas for that. You'll either have to keep it or give it away.

How bout you give it to me and I'll give you an N. David Parkyn?;)

Back