Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Drosera aliciae

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I figured it out- when I was younger, so much younger than todaaaay (sorry)
    I got D.adelae and D.aliciae mixed up a lot- D.adelae flowers but (supposedly) rarely sets seeds- I think that explains the mystery maybe??
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate you .

Lol, yeah, maybe I got adelae and aliciae mixed up.
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aliciae is a weird plant. some flower, some dont. it doesnt really seem to depend that much on conditions either, from what i've heard. mine flowers once in a while, and i dont have the greatest conditions for sundews, and some people that grow dews exclusively cant get them to EVER flower.

maybe theres a bad lineage and a good lineage...
    if i were ruler of the world, anyone who defined a nepenthene as a "companion plant" to orchids would be fired from a cannon atop mt. kinabalu.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is indeed an unusual species. D. aliciae blooms for me about 1 time a year. I usually get a single flower stalk from a single plant out of the 5 or 6 in the pot. The rest just sit there. Unfortunately, as was mentioned previously, they tend to fry in the lights or grow on to oblivion above. I have yet to get seed from my D. aliciae plants.

D. adelae on the other hand, well that's a different story. D. adelae, for me, flowers almost continuously. It has never set seed to my knowledge. I have never seen seedlings popping up in neighboring pots, so I assume that it is not seeding. It grows from root sprouts EVERYWHERE!! What a cool plant.

Steve

EDIT: Errmm uhhhh... to get back on topic.. if you want some D. adelae I will be happy to help you out with flowering sized plants. Can't help with the other one though.. sorry.
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12