What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passiflora incarnata wanted

im looking for Maypops, especially wild plants from the colder parts of its range. but ill take what i can get my hands on. will pay for shipping. dont have much extra in the way of CPs to trade at the moment. will prolly have cuttings of hardy kiwi later in the summer as my 2 female and one male plants just arrived today if yah will take an IOU.

I can get P. incarnata for you but its from Virginia, of course. I have a small plant and I also know several locations for it.

We might have some kind of passionflower in the front yard by the cannas. I dunno what species it is, and it's from GA.

Virginia is getting on the northern edge of its natural range. so yeah im interested....looking to get a number of plants form a number of sources so i get a good bit of genetic diversity.......i had someone from Alabama offer me some on another forum and im not turning them down so as i said ill take what i can get.......................looking to try and breed a cold hardy strain and to do so im going to need a decent number of plants to get started

Clint.....there is only one passion flower native to the US so if its a native one thats the one im looking for............

I have a ton of Passiflora incarnata. It's become a weed in my backyard. It's actually very invasive and likes to move around -- ALOT! in fact I just pulled up a bunch today from my flower garden. The catch: I live in Florida -- the southern end of its range. But you are welcome to it if you want it.

at this point sure ill take what yah can send me cphog..................maybe if i plant a bunch of the southern ones ill wind up with a few that will tollerate some cold :grin:

Sorry...I totally forgot about this thread. Let me know if you want some of the VA incarnata; PM me with your address but it might take me a while to send it. Lot going on right now.

Back