Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need to repopulate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need to repopulate

I don't deserve to be growing CPs.

I have just tossed several brown sarr rhizomes and while I haven't tossed the sundews just yet, I have a few that I have just brought in and put them under lights to keep a closer eye on their dried, brown, pitiful remains. They were going so well too....

I was wondering if anybody might have some of these that they're trying to get rid of for shipping costs in case mine are indeed dead. They're pretty common:

D. rotundifolia
    D. intermedia
    D. beliziana (intermedia x rotundifolia)
    S. leucophylla
    S. Dana's Delight
    S. Judith Hindle

Some rhizomes are still white but not doing much growing and I'm not sure what they are so I may still have those last three.

Thanks!
    Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the sarr's rhizomes are still white then they're still alive.. as long as they're not mushy. They're just dormant. Mine still haven't really woken up since the weather gets warm then cold all the time up here. It's 41 degrees right now so.. it figures they haven't woken up yet. >_>
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I peel away and find it reddish brown-like a sweet potato. Some are white still so I'm crossing the fingers. One rubra is something like 14 inches hight with a second pitcher on the way and the others are not growing at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During the winter of 2005/2006, I lost several plants. One of them, a S. purpurea ssp venosa var montana, did not show growth until around August when it produced a tiny 1.5" pitcher. Sometimes these plants can surprise you....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sweet potato coloring is definitely bad. :/

The white is good though. I can tell you that what probably happened is that the rhiozomes froze and burst. It happened to my sarrs as well.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get discouraged! I had a horrible die-off myself last year, and my collection is only now recovering, mostly thanks to the generosity of this community Plus my collection too has only just begun to explode into growth, so you're not the only one who's feeling a bit behind the curve

I can't offer you anything off the list you posted, but after looking through your growlist I find I can offer you a small D. aliciae if you want.
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You're Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My binata nearly died from the frost. It was very hard to tell if it was alive at all, caus so much was gone and brown. Now look at my crop!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i lost many plants this winter too...S. flava, all my VFTs and S. 'dixie lace' (surprising much!? i heard they were super cold hardy) the hard frost we had several weeks ago just about killed off all the rest of my plants. however all of them came back from roots or growth point. i even have D. burmanni sprouting up from seed that i put out a few days befor the frost(when it was like 70*-80*. give them time. they will pop up sooner or later.... hopefully
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast