What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. longifolia offered

I just don't have any use for a pot of grass. I'll look out of my window if I get an urge to see thin strips of green sticking up.

So if anybody is interested, let me know. I don't expect much in return but I'd like a little sarr or something if you have any extra laying around. This arrived a few months ago from a reputable nursery (perhaps the green ID tag will look familiar) and has been repotted once already and is growing out of the bottom again. I could separate it if a few people want it or if you only want a small portion. Use the Lowes' Death Cube to the left as a size indicator.

longifolia.jpg

Ummm, that is not U. longifolia. It really is grass (or that grass like thing that is an interloper)

well that isn't good! I had my suspicions but didn't want to go pulling and weeding. There are bladderwort-type roots so it is in there somewhere!

This is curious...someone has some explaining to do!

Looking closer that thing right up front, looks like it may be longifolia but that huge thing is definitly not

Gasp?

I was kinda surprised when I saw that, I didn't U. longifolia got that large either. The leaves aren't generally pointy either I don't think. I bet the nursery just stuck it there since the actual U. longifiolia is so small. That's kinda...shady?

I think that something that found its way into the soil may have sprouted-I don't think it was shady operations. I've had some surprise sundews pop up in a ping pot and in some live moss from the same place.

The clump of whatever has been pulled and now the little longifolia leaves remain.

Back