What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 gallons of LIVE Sphagnum for trade! Extremely healthy!

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
As you know, we have a bog in the front yard and every year around this time I trade off my excess Sphagnum.This year I have 5 , one-gallon ziplock bags for trade. I have packed it in a way so that individual "sheets" have heads all pointing the same way, and on the bottom of each hand-sized "sheet" there is a thin layer of media they were growing in (don't think that there's a big clump of dirt in there because I assure you that's not the case.) Since it's wild there are of course twigs, weeds, etc. Maybe even a spider, baby frog or salamander, too. Consider those freebies. It's VERY green and healthy as you can see and since it was grown in full sun, 90-95% of the moss is in tight, compact heads and not big billowy heads as found in LFS grow in low-light.

What do I want for a trade? I don't know! Make me an offer. I can trade all 5 gallons to one person which would be nice, or I can trade one gallon at a time but I will not split up the bags into half gallons, ounces, etc.

This is a great opportunity for you guys, especially some of you newbies, to get a good quantity of good quality moss. Really great stuff here.

DSC02002.jpg

DSC02001.jpg

DSC02000.jpg

DSC02003.jpg

DSC01999.jpg

I'd like 3 oz, and throw in a salamander if any are left. -please.

I would like to buy some I can send paypal to reserve it for at the most a week:) Maybe a gallon or so that would be perfect. All I have is $$$$ though.
PM me with what you have left :banana2:

I have all five gallons and you know the rules. No public selling. You can PM me.

Dude, I'll trade you this sweet N. globosa I got. I think you'll dig it. lol.

xvart.

I'm not sure you can really ship this to Calif. Some of the online nurseries won't ship to CA because of the soil quarantine and pest control laws of CA. :(

This is when I realize how wonderful it is to live within 15 minutes of a bog. :banana2:

-Ben

I'm not sure you can really ship this to Calif. Some of the online nurseries won't ship to CA because of the soil quarantine and pest control laws of CA. :(

Of course I can! If someone in California, like you cough cough, wants some I can clean and repack it.

You guys should feel this Styrofoam cooler it's in. It's HEAVY!

I like that last photo. It looks like a news photo taken at customs after a seize.

It does look like big bags of pot, doesn't it? I wonder if you could smoke it. It could be better than pot but no one would know because who's going to smoke an esoteric moss?

If only..... :-O

EDIT: only TWO bags left!

you could roll some up in an old sarracenia pitcher and light it....

My mom said yes so I will buy some when the NASC auction is over to make my bog good looking :).

Actually there's no public trading or selling on the forum.

Why don't you bid on my moss in the NASC auction?

Actually there's no public trading or selling on the forum.
What do you mean there's no public trading allowed on the forum???

Isn't that what the Carnivorous Plant Trading Post forum is for?

Lol. Probably meant "only public trading no selling on the forum".
Just to help you out JLAP ;)

Yeah, my bad! It said I posted that at like 11 in the morning so I must have just woken up.

OMG! The wonder. The absolute beauty. The green...the perfect plant. The pioneer of plant life on earth. MOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSS!! :hail:

Back