User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NASC Benefit Auction 2007--Consider donating!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a capensis flower stalk, and I don't need any seed. It'll probably turn out I'll have hundreds of mini capensis. Though, I don't think I could donate because of the postage thing, I have a very small budget and am quite poor.

If I can donate the above I will, but, if not, then hope my puppy wins the cutest pet competition contest (for $1,000) and I plan on donating $100 if I win (the others goes towards my family and plant stuff), he's in the finals, wish him luck!

Or I can donate one or two noID Nepenthes which would be either: N. ventricosa, N. rafflesiana, N. sanguinea or N. unknown, I should think about this more...
    - NeciFiX

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Max. You are correct! BTW...good to see you around.

It is determined by the lister (donor) as to who pays shipping. The vast majority of people who make a donation pay the shipping themselves. It just makes it a lot easier all the way around. If someone donates 6 items, they end up having to wait for 6 people to send 6 different shipping payments which might be only a dollar or two. That said, we also understand that anyone making a lot of donations or donating large plants can have the shipping fees add up.

We are very grateful to any donor who pays the shipping because it does greatly simplify and speed up the shipping process. But again, we totally understand that not everyone can do that.

NeciFix...you CAN donate and ask the high bidder to pay the shipping. Then there is no burden on you. All you have to do is let Schloaty know when you receive the shipping payment so he can let the donor know to ship the plant. And I hope your puppy wins! That's awsome! Congrats.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I am a sorta new to cps
    but when I get my tc down(I
    have a culture that is growing
    then I will be able to donate all
    kinds of stuff next year. Do you
    have NASC auctions every 6 monthes?
    Or yearly? I will be buying lots of stuff
    from the nasc auctions though

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's yearly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I may just be more of a bidder this time around... I've been growing for so many years but have little to show for it.. besides a ton of experience. I blame the fact that I didn't have a grow rack then.. or money and I also blame stupid mistakes, but where else would I have gotten the experience from? xD I also don't consider my shipping experience to qualify for such an event.. since I've actually NEVER shipped something before... Next year, I hope shall be different!
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks,I have a Essariana invitro
    so maybe I will have a ton of those soon?

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'mna try to limit myself to just one or two items this year. I'll be putting two batches of gemmae Drosera dichrosepala up for the auction. Each batch will have 20 gemmae.

Make that 3 batches of gemmae. Just discovered some more on another one of my plants. Stupid plants won't give me a break! (I know...just pass the cheese and crackers to go with my whine)
    Last edited by BigCarnivourKid; 06-06-2007 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Changed amount of batches
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ill be looking for you Steve
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast