What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identify this plant... and I'll send you some

rockstarcobain

Sarracenia in another life....
Okay, I've gotten a lot of awesome plants and seeds, so it's my turn to give back. BUT.....we're gonna put a little twist on it. The first TWO people to correctly identify this plant will get a packet. I'm sure I'll have more seed available later, but right now, only enough for two. Okay, so, if you know what it is:

1. Post the answer in this thread.
2. PM me with the answer.
3. If you are right, which you should be, I'll send you my addy so you can send me an
SASE.

Alright, are we ready? Here it is:

whatisthis.jpg

Mimosa pudica!

Hey, glider, clean out some space in your inbox! :poke: HAHA, yea, you got it. Go ahead and send the SASE if you want, though.

Alright still one left.

Mimosa pudica

yea, next time, I won't have people post the answer IN THE THREAD! Silly me. I was kinda thinking they would go faster, but, hey, Glider had fun, even though LAS just got Mimosa Pudica for SASE.

you people are making me feel guilty for getting it. don't hate the player, hate the game. It's not my fault the answer was in the post, otherwise I wouldn't have had a clue. Thanks glider!

do you know what it does?

you people are making me feel guilty for getting it. don't hate the player, hate the game. It's not my fault the answer was in the post, otherwise I wouldn't have had a clue. Thanks glider!

Oh you shouldn't feel guilty at all! I was just joking around. Didn't intend to make you feel bad, you should be proud!

do you know what it does?

Isn't that the plant that when something disturbs the leaves they retract?

xvart.

yea, it actually really freaks people out at how fast it moves.

correct me if im wrong...but its the fastest 'movement" any plant on earth makes.
Alex

I used to have them growing in my backyard in hawaii it was cool that you could make a large patch of them move :)

I don't know if it is the fastest, but it has to be ONE of the fastest. Mine is completely wilted in probably under a second after being touched. But they get really big too. Mine is growing out of the terrarium. AND people usually don't know this, (I didn't) they have thorns. And they hurt. Almost like Bois D' Arc.

AND people usually don't know this, (I didn't) they have thorns.
I tried to tell someone that on the forum a couple years ago and they tried to tell me I was wrong. ??? Took two or three other people chiming in before they were convinced they were thorny beasties. Flowers are cute though, if you like little pink puffballs. They reminded me of tribbles from that Star Trek episode.

HAHA! No kidding! The first one my plant made was interesting and then, they just KEEP FLOWERING. Hence the giveaway. very easy plants. And yea, they have thorns. I reached in to move the plant around and was suprised to get a nasty little bite.

oh wow! I remember seeing a video of those when I was little but I had no clue they were easily acquired. If I remember correctly there were even ones that collapsed completely when touched. very cool plant, please let me know if you have some more available later on.

i'm sure i will. and I'll probably do one more giveaway and a trade offer.

Back