What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

seeking for name sticks for drosera gemae

can any body tell me where you got any name sticks or can we trade ( U.S only)

What are name sticks? Like plant labels?

You can use a permanent marker and plastic forks/knives if you want. Or any online plant store should carry them.

Those flat plastic deals you write names on then stick in the pot.

They have those at garden centers/home depot/lowe's/walmart

Cut up a nice old plastic curtain and use a sharpie. :)

Just write on the pot! I prefer pot labeling to the sticks, but rather taping the sticks to the pot since they get in my way when messing around with the plants. The plastic spoon idea is a good one, though. I never thought of that.

xvart.

You mean these things have names? very interesting....... :crazy:

You mean these things have names? very interesting....... :crazy:

I guess I'm not the only out of the loop on that as well!:poke:

Yea they keep those things in the garden section of anywhere like Lowes/Home Depot/Wally-World(my term for Wal-Mart)/K-mart/Target... you get the gist of it.

I got like 30 or so from Wal-mart for just a few bucks.

Maybe he is in the middle of nowhere?
Bummer I don't have any becasue I WANT
drosera gemae :(

Its a little early yet for Drosera gemmae. Usually you start to see giveaway offers for those between October and about January. If you are interested in D. scorpioides, BigCarnivourKid has plants that are almost constantly producing gemmae (he has singlehandedly infected about 2/3 of the northern hemisphere with these plants lol)

As stated above, plant label stakes are common and any nursery should have them.

Good luck,
Steve

... BigCarnivourKid has plants that are almost constantly producing gemmae (he has singlehandedly infected about 2/3 of the northern hemisphere with these plants lol)
Dude! I'm deeply hurt. How can you say that my spreading this infest...uh, I mean spreading these delightful plants to so many can be referred to as "infected"? oops! I'm 10 minutes late for work. Gotta git!

Back