What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

trade in the Ithaca, NY area

Hey, I was wondering if anyone in the Ithaca, NY (Cornell University) area wants to trade. I;m not sure exactly what I am looking for. I am looking for terrarium plants (not necessarily CP) and CPs that can tolerate lower humidities as well (for outside the tank). Supplies are welcome as well, empty terrariums, driftwood, things of that nature. I especially like pitcher plants and drosera. I'm not really interested in anything that requires dormancy (im new to this and dont think i can handle that).

I havent got much to trade. All Ive got are Masdevallia bicolors and... this:
snakesmall.jpg

shes a c.b. yearling jungle carpet python 4+feet long. Nothing is wrong with her at all, perfect health temper. if uve got something to trade and would provide a good home, we can talk. supplies included

(Mods, if posting her for trade is not ok, pls let me know or edit this out)

I live about one hour north of Ithica. I got a couple things but I dunno about a snake lol, but cool by the way.

haha yea i know, its not for everyone. I thought it was worth a shot. I would hate to part with her but as my other hobbies grow, i dont have room and money for her. Since ppl on this forum are so generous, Im not actually looking to trade her at market value, im more interested in finding her a good home (The pet store here would buy her for enough money to make me happy but Id rather have her go somewhere where I know shell be well cared for and "CP-ppl" seem to give the greatest care in all their endeavors). I bought her with the idea of breeding her but after I started moving out of hte hobby, I kept her around because of her great personality.

anyway, what have u got? in case wed ever trade in the future

Would maybe take the snake, but 2 problems. 1. I have 5 cats and 2. I like in Idaho

I should be getting some Fraser Island Sundews soon though

Spatulatas from Fraiser Island are not rare ??? but hey I don't grow them yet..............

i cant imagine the cats being a problem, i know plenty of ppl with cats and dogs and a large snake collection as long as the enclosures are secure. hmm idaho... if the snake does not get rehomed, i might be willing to ship

uhh....I don't think thats a responsible enough person that you should be shipping an animal to...or any eukaryote for that matter.
Especially if its an animal you like.

That's really funny pk..

pon posts for everything under the sun (that's free) on here.

HEY WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY CATS ARE FINE AND I AM RESBONSIBE ENOUGH BUT......couldn't get it anyway so find a good home for him!

AND I NEVER SAID IT WAS RARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though I can't get him he still looks so cute!

Hey maybe he wantsd to try something new,
Maybe if he really wants it he'll go presue the snake.
Give the guy a little break :)

Yeah really, some people on here just need to relax. Its like they wait for some young person to post and WAMM, come out yelling and telling them there not old enough or couldnt do this. For some people you just gotta let them learn on there own without goin all out on them.

well, at this point, offer is still open. im willing to deliver up to an hour away. i think i might have to make shipping an option, sooner or later

I just found the situation funny..that's all.

I deff. would...but I think my mom just might kill me when a snake comes in the mail >_>...i'm about an hour away, I think

well lemme know if u decide u want it and have something to trade for it

I do have a few plants that you could grow easily...i just wish i had the space to care for her...and i think my mom just might kick me and her out if i took up that offer...if i was done with HS and college...and had my own place...i would do it in a heart beat... -_-

Back