Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mother-of-Thousands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mother-of-Thousands

Needless to say I have several (thousand) Mother-of-Thousand pups. If any one is interested just give me a PM and an offer, CP (preferable) or otherwise (if I even get any offers haha). I kind of wish there was a way to do something like a SASE but I wouldn't know how to package them...

This is the plant famous for making little plantlets at the edges of its leaves. It can be watered a lot or hardly at all and still grow like crazy. Nevertheless it is a neat plant and everone should have one... or two... or three... or...

And all of those who think I'm crazy for even posting this, I figure it can't hurt haha.

DISCLAIMER/WARNING
    This plant can be VERY invasive... DO NOT put it in any compost bin. If you wish to despose of it burn it or else it will take over wherever it is placed. To be safe, remove flowers quickly after you get the enjoyment of looking at them to avoid spreading even more seed.

Still want one? haha
    Trying to rebuild. Feel free to PM me with questions.

Grow/Want List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EdaxFlamma View Post

DISCLAIMER/WARNING
    This plant can be VERY invasive... DO NOT put it in any compost bin. If you wish to despose of it burn it or else it will take over wherever it is placed.
    Sorry burning does not work. I have had this plant for longer than I recall and in one of my more morbid moments I actually doused a pot of it in kerosene and lit it up. 3 months later it was back!!! And it was not anywhere near the other plants.

To be safe, remove flowers quickly after you get the enjoyment of looking at them to avoid spreading even more seed.
    It flowers?!?!?!? Since when?!?!? NEver seen a flower in the whole time I have been growing it
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Sarracenia in another life.... rockstarcobain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EdaxFlamma View Post
    And all of those who think I'm crazy for even posting this, I figure it can't hurt haha.

I don't know if the little pup buds would survive SASE, but yes, you ARE crazy for thinking I was ANYMORE of this plant. I received a few little buds from a freind a few months ago.

Now the plant is in three other pots. Mother Nature definitely wanted Mother of Thousands to stay in existence.
    It is better to burn out, than to fade away....

Grow List
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=108495

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure that a few pup buds in a damp paper towel between some bubble wrap would survive fine in SASE
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the MOT plants you sent me are doing well. i have around 13 pups growing up.
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really!? Even burning them doesn't work? wow... um... hmm... I guess I better find a better way to control these suckers then... Lots and lots of water will be my next test

Just do a search online for them and you will find it.

Oh.. ya it does flower... big red/orange/pink flowers that, once they topple over due to the weight, re-root like cuttings and spread a -insert profanity here- load of seed.

The offer is still open
    -J.P.
    Trying to rebuild. Feel free to PM me with questions.

Grow/Want List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It flowers?!?!?!? Since when?!?!? NEver seen a flower in the whole time I have been growing it
    Maybe that has something to do with you SETTING IT ON FIRE. In my experience, after I set someone/something on fire, they're slightly less amicable towards me.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast