What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pyro's end of summer getting rid of plants post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
I have all of this TC material and not enough space/time for all of it so here is what I would like to do (I have cleared this with Andrew so please no one go reporting me to him as violating the rules. This is not a sale.) As some of you know, I have contacts at Atlanta Botanical. Instead of a massive give away for only postage, I am asking for a donation in addition to postage. The donation amount will go to ABG as a gesture of thanks from the CP community. I am asking a minimum donation of $5 but if you want to go higher that is fine (and appreciated.)

I can not send the actual flasks as I need to return the glass/plasticware but I will pop the flasks and wash the agar free and pack in fresh orchid grade sphag so it will be same as straight out of flask. I have been working with flasked material for years and have had little difficulty in acclimating plants from flask to normal growth conditions. I will provide instructions for hardening to anyone who wants them.

I am going to do most of these as portions from the flask/jar/tub/XL tub except where the total number of plants in the flask is small in which case I will do the whole flasks worth. These portions will most likely be "clusters" which are usually 1-2 larger plants and the small offshots associated with them.

So, for example:

This P. moctezumae has 7 clusters in the tub and each cluster can make for 6-15 plants depending on how meticulous you want to be separating them out.

P8270024.jpg

These D. regia have 2, 4 and 7 plants (left to right) which would make for 1, 2 and 3 portions respectively:

P8270026.jpg

I can not count crowns on these D. anglica but I would figure 4 and 2 portions left to right:

P8270028.jpg

Please email me starting tomorrow (09/06/07 I have an urgent issue I have to deal with today and am leaving immediatly) with your requests and please make the subject "TF TC plants." DO NOT PM me. First come first served. I will try to keep quantities updated but I only have access to the net while at work and I work 06:00-14:00 Eastern Mon-Fri so I am sure I will get behind. I do no thave PayPal so I am going to ask for either cash or check, I will provide my snail mail via email. I will not be sending out till next week earliest as this week is insane for me schedule-wise. US only, I do not have the means to ship out of country. I ask $5 for shipping

And one last thing; Please do not be greedy. It would be great if everyone who was interested could get something vs. a few people getting everything and everyone else feeling jipped :-D

Last edited:
Pyro! How could you do this to me?? All those nice plants and I don't dare get any cause I need the room for the ones I'm bringing back in before this winter. Life sucks sometimes... :crap:

oh, yeah, email sent yesterday! :-))

Oh, PM sent...

E-mail sent.

Seems I originally forgot to put in that I ask $5 for shipping. I have edited that in but wanted to note it hear too since there is so much info in the original post

OK, Email sent!
(Thanks xvart...I probably would have missed that completley otherwise lol)

Pyro - they arrived today and look great! I'm looking forward to watching them in the coming months. Thanks again for the great offer and your time and care that went into deflasking these and preparing them for shipping.

xvart.

Hey there Pyro
My plants also arrived today in tip top condition.
It is a real pleasure doing non business with you.LOL
Lois

Got mine today in great condition.

Thanks Pyro

I got mine today. The regias blackened a bit from shipping (as expected from picky plants) and the pings were in great condition, i found them really hard to transplant as they had bearly any roots, i just put them over the substrate and hoped they would root themselves. Thanks!

And we are all done.

Got mine the other day as well. The pings you sent me unfortunately died the day after I potted them up. There just didn't seem to be any root system (like it was mentioned above in a previous post) but oh well. The D. regia blackened a bit but the clump is definitely still alive. I'm hoping they settle in and start growing soon!

The regia continued to blacken, however its growing points are resisting and a yellow whitish color. Im sure it'll survive. The pings are a stranger case. The moctezumae is flowering, or will be next week, the bud is just barely beginning to poke out. EXTREMELY unexpected. The tips of their leaves are suffering a bit but they will survive. Is anyone other than me and lleopardggecko noticing their leafs blackening? Did your plants survive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back