Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for neps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for neps

I dont have much to trade but Pm me and we can work something out.
    Last edited by adnedarn; 11-01-2007 at 09:46 PM.
    All fear violence, all are afraid of death.
    Seeing the similarity to oneself, one should not use violence or have it used.
    The Buddha
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...r1?ref=profile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uhhh what specifically are you loking for? HL, LL...truncata crosses?
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    uhhh what specifically are you loking for? HL, LL...truncata crosses?
    lol i have no idea. Something that is pretty simple for a noob to maintain. Hybrids are fine, i DO NOT have a green house but will be getting an aquarium for that purpose. Hope that helps!
    The Buddha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Highlanders are what you want unless you live in a hot place,I grow venetra in low humidity along with ventricosa,judith finn & others. If you do an aqurium thing I have a pic that may help : 2 sockets that were threaded some electrical tape,nuts electrical cord,10 gallon tank and a wood board $30 bucks
    I would try capensis,binata and some others...............
    Nepenthes get big fast as long as the humidity is like 50% those listed do well for me atleast so I would not do them in a terrarium unless you go for lowlanders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have some mantids freed up for trade for neps. Let me know. I'm looking for something that wont get huge but pretty big and that will grow on the ground.
    The Buddha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you say grow on the ground do you mean, grow in the ground? Like outside? If so, you generally don't want to plant a Nepenthes in the ground. There are way too many problems associated with it. As for something that won't get huge but pretty big, the main problem is, you can either get a miniature Nepenthes species, or you can get regular Neps. Regular neps will get pretty huge once they hit the vining stage, but they can always be trimmed back. As for miniature Neps, they don't make very large pitchers and so they may not interest you too much. You should also list your conditions you wish to grow the plant in, so that we have a general idea of which plants would suit your growing area best. Basically humidity, temperature (fluctuations), and light level are all relevant.
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well my dad in hawai planted it in fertile red hawaii soil(I grew tomatoes,cukes and other stuff) it lived for months(while I was gone), I replanted it and it is pitchering in a large greenhouse in hawaii. I think it was rafflisiana(not how you spell it) I do not reccomend it since it was really wanting to croak. I have never seen it's pitchers but I am working in hawaii in the womens house who I gave many of my neps to. I am going to introduce her to capensis If you talking about with media on the ground in a tank I would be very carefull about over doing water. For me,I think mini lowlanders would be cool along with some drosera I think I should take it small.
    Like I was going to jump into a 55 gallon tank but I am trying a 10 gallon.,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jm82792 View Post
    Well my dad in hawai planted it in fertile red hawaii soil(I grew tomatoes,cukes and other stuff) it lived for months(while I was gone), I replanted it and it is pitchering in a large greenhouse in hawaii. I think it was rafflisiana(not how you spell it) I do not reccomend it since it was really wanting to croak. I have never seen it's pitchers but I am working in hawaii in the womens house who I gave many of my neps to. I am going to introduce her to capensis If you talking about with media on the ground in a tank I would be very carefull about over doing water. For me,I think mini lowlanders would be cool along with some drosera I think I should take it small.
    Like I was going to jump into a 55 gallon tank but I am trying a 10 gallon.,
    Thats what i want to do. Grow them in a tank within the medium. Something that doesnt require light ALLL the time and humidity is np i have gagues and a spray bottle (mantid gear is useful for CPs i noticed ).
    The Buddha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast