What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Trade: N. ampullaria 'red giant'

cprus

BANNED
Hi all,

I have 10" Nepenthes ampullaria 'red giant' up for trade. Also available is a 8" N. globosa

I'm looking to trade both for a very healthy and good sized (at least 3.5-5" dia) cephalotus or one plant for a 2" cephalotus. Pm if you have something...thanks

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Someone hook me up with a ceph real quick???

You sure that's the only thing you'd want for the amp!? I do have a cephalotus it's only an inch across though, my last red died from unknown causes it was even starting to do better and then suddenly twist for the worst, I'd really really love to trade but It's all up to you, so I'll back off to let others have their shot after all it'd be great if you got exactly what you wanted it's almost a miracle when it happens.

rob

Yeah, I'm not willing to part with that amp for anything less...sorry. That nep doesn't come by everyday, then again, cephs that size don't either...

No problem hope you find it!

PM'd

I am not familiar with this form, is it anything like Cantleys red?
JMatt

yes you're correct. This form has large red pitchers looking exactly like that one in the picture. This plant for trade does not current have pitchers right now as it is a well established rooted cutting just waiting for the right person to grow it out.

Amp giant red added, it's the plant right in the center. Original plant came from the famous philcula.
Picture252.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen that red amp. It would be a disgrace to trade it for a Ceph.:redx:

Manny, you haven't seen Jeff's Cephs.....

I'm sure they're nice. But I'm a Nep guy. And this particular amp is amazing. Especially when grown in good lowland conditions.

That's what i was thinking, thought i was dreaming when i saw the post.

Its up to Cprus to set his trade requirements and if he wants a ceph, then he wants a ceph. If someone wants to trade a N. hamata for a D. capensis, they can.

I will add also that you must not have seen JMatt's cephs. I think he could provide quite an equal trade. :)

they call him Jeffalotus for a reason!

I wasn't saying anything against cephs their awesome but still there's a good amount of cephs out there, like manny said, but the red ampullaria's are not the most common thing neither in cultivation or wild so if you Have 1 it's a gem I wish my cantley's red hadn't died cause i don't know when I'll see one available again though they do show often but not that often. And I don't mind if he trades it to anywhere I just feel happy for the one (s) that do have even just one.

i dont get some ppl..........he said what he wanted and you think argueing is going to change his mind? for what ever its worth ive seen far more amps for sale or trade lately than good sized cephs.............small cephs seem to be fairly easy to find but good sized established clumps are quite uncommonly seen for sale or trade.........more than a fair trade i say.....really wished my cephs were established and not a few months out of TC :grin:

Okay...take it easy Salemites. It was said in jest. I really think that the giant red amp deserves to be in a good, lowland home, but I'm obviously biased. Cprus can trade it for whatever he wants...it's illogical to dispute that. But we can still voice are passionate dissaproval. We're all friends here.

Oh and Rattler...you haven't seen what this amp can do. It's not like the other ones that have been up for grabs here lately.

Everyone needs to calm down here. Yes everyone is correct, it may not seem like a fair trade but it is my trade after all. We are all friends here and if it were not due to everyone's opinions, I would not have realized just how precious this plant is as I have NEVER seen it pitcher once in my entire life. Just what is so special about Phil's clone? Also, mannyherrera, my lowland chamber is a great place for lowlands, it's just the bical named Big Red (currently spanning about 4 feet in diameter) covers too much light for any spectacular growth. Besides, I am entertaining reasonable offers and so far, I'm waiting on only a few people to reply with reasonable offers. This plant, I'll admit really is priceless...maybe I should set up a tank for it...hmmm the possibilities.

Just what is so special about Phil's clone?
The pitchers can reach the size of grapefruits..that's what. And that is ONLY if grown in the most supreme lowland conditions.

Back