What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For shipping: OFFICIAL SAT and ACT prep guides

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
OFFICIAL SAT and ACT prep test guides. These things are HUGE and include practice tests. I've already done like two out of three of the practice tests in the ACT book, but I think the SAT book is unmarked in. I can check if you want. Either way, it'll explain why my answers were right or wrong and your child/you can learn from that.

These things are HUGE. Like phone books. I found them pretty helpful. This would be great for parents or kids who want to be prepared. Brand new these were $20 each. You can have them for the cost of shipping! I was going to donate them to a thrift store but I figured someone here would want them.

They helped me get a score of 1830 and 30 respectively :) I did like the books recommended and re-took the SAT and ACT twice. On the SAT my score stayed the same, on the ACT my score went from a 24 to a 30. In my defense, I was hella nervous and had practically no sleep! I won't say these books were invaluable, but they gave me a real confidence boost that I definitely needed at a stressful time. I can give them both to one person (save some shipping money) or I can give one to someone and another to someone else. If you do want it, post here what you want and them PM me so the next person who wants something will know if it's up for grabs. If no one wants them, they'll go to the thrift store.

You can read about them here:

http://store.collegeboard.com/produ...2&BannerID=guide_learn&AffiliateID=PREPCENTER

http://www.actstudent.org/testprep/book.html

Lol. I already have it...but great offer!!

I'm going to take the GED when I'm 16 but awsome idea it offer them and congrats on passing :D

I did very well on the SAT, but I think I absolutely BOMBED the ACT. I did not know that the ACT does not supply math formulas. I feel that if I had memorized the surface area of a cone, volume of a pyramid etc. I would have done better...

JLAP, you are in GA, are you applying to UGA? I applied early decision. If I get in, I will major in horticulture/maybe minor in plant bio.

When i visited UGA, their Massive Nepenthed Dyeriana or DOOM in the CP house made my jaw drop!

Sorry for hijacking your topic..

Not hijacking it at all. Looks like no one wants it anyway. I'll apply to UGA as well as several others, but I want to go to Berry (unless it turns out to be too religious.) My first choice would be somewhere out of state but my rents want to chain me down and keep me in Georgia. It would be nice to go to Vanderbilt but I don't think I'm good enough so I'm not counting on being accepted. That way if I'm not, I won't feel bad. But if I am I'll totally go!

It's their money that's paying for my education, so I can't really complain too much.

If you want to go to Vanderbilt I hope you know someone...thats where all the American royalty goes. Also, the girls are REALLY hot, but I don't think that would be a factor in you going there, but I guess we're motivated by different things.

President of my school went there and said she'd give me a great letter of recommendation. Worst they can say is "No!" and I fully expect them to, but if they say yes I'd gladly go.

Back