What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. roseana

I have a D. roseana, and it wont produce dew for me. I am working on finding a place in my house to put up some florescent tube, but until then I will have to dive this guy to a better home.

Im not looking for anything special. Maybe some sort of ping, but I'm open to anything.

Heres a pic of when it was somewhat dewy.
CIMG5489.jpg

How about a compact fluorescent bulb in a small desk lamp instead of the 4 foot tubes?

thats about as dewy as pygmies get...
Alex

I noticed they get very dewy when they get very cool and foggy nights with bright warmish days..................

ilbasso, I use two two CFLs but I have a few light loving CPs ( a ceph, cape sundew, and some D. D. spatulata seedlings) so I am running out of room right below the light. I might put it on my computer desk with a CFL in a reading lamp if I cant find any takers.

CFLs rule for a small job but when it gets bigger(like a 55 tank) they are not that good but if you want to light a 10 gallon tank like I am doing they do great. MY binatas are red along with my other happy drosera and the urtics are flowering :D MY camera croaked though :(

Back