What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capensis "Red" old seedlings

Jefforever

A yellow M&M
I have a lot of these guys to get rid of. I am not looking for much at all, I can trade them in the dozens. Please pm me if you're interested. Thanks! :-D

Edit: Oh yeah, I also have some D. sp Auyan Tepui , D. Admirabilis, D. Madagascariensis, D. Burmannii, and a D. x "Ruby Slipper" available - all mature. Pm me.

old seedling as in how old?

Would a SASE be okay?

what are you looking for? D. sp Auyan tepui, and D. Burmannii looks cool
and yeah, is sase okay?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have pictures of the D. capensis? It took me about 4 years to find the real one lol So I'm just being curious :)

Last edited:
Do you have pictures of the D. capensis? It took me about 6 years to find the real one lol So I'm just being curious :)

Is the red form often confused with some other plant or some hybrid? I have a packet of capensis 'red leaf' I'm about to work with and now curious if I should be on the lookout in case it's something else.

I just went to pull up the descriptor, which I swear i had found before at the Carnivorous Plant database name site.. but now I can't seem to find it. So, without a description, anything could be red version of the plant... And really... he was right by saying "red" since double quotes are just a descriptor :) I always looked at it as the whole plant needs to be red... Alot of times, I've received and seen people call plants that are just redder than every day capensis the red form... here is what I currently grow and call "all red" (soon available in my store btw :p )

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27&d=1179348831

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28&d=1179494496

broken link

edit: I've already fixed them, thanks :)
Andrew

Reg & Upper: They're seedlings sorry.

Hey Andy, are you growing yours in full sun? Those look nice. My plantlets look awfully pale. I've just grown mine under a weak florescent fixture, so I assume they will turn red in better light. I got these from CP30 on these forums. I believe I have the red form.

They are under sun, but not full sun at all...

I tried to find a picture of my seedlings.. But this is all I could find. Look to the left in the black watering tray, you can see the redness even in the seedlings. Even though they are tucked back on a second shelf. It is very easy to spot the typicals that sprout up in there (just from having them around :p) this plant defiantly grows much slower than typical. (the adult, and the seedlings.)

Yes, mine haven't grown like the normal ones at all, even though they have correct humidity & light. They're like 1/4 to 1/5 the size of the typical ones I planted at the same time.

hey, will 5$ cover shipping for both the one i mentioned? and how hard are they to grow?

Upper, could you drop me a pm? Thanks!

Hi Jeff -

PM'd you.

Thanks!

Mike

ok, finally got a picture of the seedling tray...

andrew

0105081524.jpg

Back