What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tipularia discolor (terrestrial orchid) for trade

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Anyone want this little one-leafed terrestrial orchid? It flowers in the summer, grows one leaf in the winter. I've got a bunch of mature plants this year.

Here's a pic I found online. Top is green, bottom is purple.

http://www.worldplants.com/pics/tipularia.jpg

Not looking for anything special.

Thats werid :D I woudl trade you a rattle snake orhid but I only have 2 plants and there different ypes :( I want to give you one since there really pretty foliage wise. Well when I'm back I will see if any seed I collected from the forest germinated then I can send you a few seedlings. They grow in ping forest leaf litter in nepenthes strong light.. Well I'll see if there are anymore

Thanks for the offer but those grow all over the place here :) I've already got a ton growing in the back yard.

I have a few T. discolors growing near my house. How long do they take to reach maturity? I also read that transplanting them causes them to die--has this been your experience with them? Could you substitute peat for rotten leaf/wood litter as a medium?

Back