Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WANTED: D. Falconeri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i went to OSH, didnt see any o_o i would get it if i found it. asked the guy and the said said no, which OSH did you go to?

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Van Nuys and West LA stores usually has the SunGro Nature brand. The Van Nuys store was out as of a couple weeks ago. I haven't checked the West LA store in a couple months.

Lowe's usually carries LFS (Long Fibre Sphagnum) is is dried Sphagnum moss. Either domesitic stuff from Wisconsin from Mosser Lee or Chilean LFS. The Chilean LFS is sold as "Orchid Moss" but it is 100% LFS. The Mosser Lee is usually with all to other bags if potting mixes and the "Orchid Moss" is usually with - you guessed it - the orchid stuff. LFS is a fine potting medium for most CPs and many of the cultivation guides list it second to Live Sphagnum as prefered media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    The Van Nuys and West LA stores usually has the SunGro Nature brand. The Van Nuys store was out as of a couple weeks ago. I haven't checked the West LA store in a couple months.

Lowe's usually carries LFS (Long Fibre Sphagnum) is is dried Sphagnum moss. Either domesitic stuff from Wisconsin from Mosser Lee or Chilean LFS. The Chilean LFS is sold as "Orchid Moss" but it is 100% LFS. The Mosser Lee is usually with all to other bags if potting mixes and the "Orchid Moss" is usually with - you guessed it - the orchid stuff. LFS is a fine potting medium for most CPs and many of the cultivation guides list it second to Live Sphagnum as prefered media.
    I've never seen LFS at my local Lowe's or Home Depot. I've only looked for it a few times at Lowe's (because it is kinda far), but I always check when I'm at Home Depot (quite often). I guess I'll have to frequent Lowe's more often. Any other garden center chains you can think of that might carry it? I know you're in LA, but I figure a lot of the inventory should be the same being as close as we are.
    - Daniel

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've yet to find LFS any place else than Lowe's or hydroponics or orchid specialty shops.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Home Depot has it in little bags, right with the decorative moss, along with the Scott's brand of whatever and Perlite.

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're in Northern Ohio, Petitti's Garden Centers carry it.

Not that any of you are. Maybe somebody reading this post is.
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the DO ITi centers have lfs the good stuff that is blond and red

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post
    Home Depot has it in little bags, right with the decorative moss, along with the Scott's brand of whatever and Perlite.
    WARNING!! This was mentioned previously in this thread, but not everyone is realizing this...

The Scott's and Miracle Gro brands of Sphagnum, peat, perlite, and other products can contain fertilizers and other chemicals which can KILL your plants! Make sure to read the package before you purchase this stuff.

Make sure you know what's in the products you are using; this can be the death of your plants!

Regards,

Mike
    Mike Howlett

"Leuc, I am your flava!"

Now we know Princess Leah's last name: Wilkerson!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast