What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a Capensis

I've had a capensis for quite some time now, but after a week on vacation, apparently the terrarium got too cool and/or dry. I know, I know, it's almost impossible to kill a capensis, right? Well, I did. I know they grow like weeds (mine was before I went on vacation) so I was wondering if anyone had any capensis babies they might be willing to give up. Thanks!

I sell them through my store www.flytrapshop.com which helps me pay to run this forum. They're typically sold more as a clump than single plants (as pictured) though.

Andrew

yes order from andy he is fast it shouldt take long for you to get ytour package and if it does it was the usps

errr
looks like i owe two people medals now...xD
but yes, do order from andy. he sends near perfect plants

Great!!! Good to see you've killed your capensis too... looks like i'm not the only one :0o:

Great!!! Good to see you've killed your capensis too... looks like i'm not the only one :0o:

lol right on!!! disproving he bombproof theory :D way to go guys! :-))

i bet you a new plant its not dead :) i had a capensis dry out for almost 2 weeks(experiment) till the peat was bone dry and the roots shrivled... then i repotted the roots and treated then as root cuttings and wouldnt ya know i got sprouts.

i have also killed capensis though. and i actually killed one... a combination of undrained cntainer, low light, airtight bag...and viola. rot. rot all around and the roots were mush.

Alex

Yeah I rehydrated some old peat that I hadn't used in about 3 MONTHS and a bunch of little capensis sprouted from the dried roots!

I ordered a capensis from Andy about a week or two ago on a Thursday, it got shipped out on Friday and got here Monday, talk about fast! Great plant too. I just checked it out and it turned out it was a capensis x all red haha, that's a bonus to me.

I've also killed a capensis, bone dry peat, 12F temps, possibly less, snow, also involved in a major car accident which totaled the car, now it'll be in bone dry peat for two or three months longer in 32F temps until summer. If it comes back to life in the pot it was in I am going to say they are bombproof and NOTHING can destroy capensis, the toughest plant in the world.

WisconsinBen,

send me your snail address and i'll drop a few capensis in the mail for you. mine are still growing like weeds.

WellI'd like smeone to soak a pot of capensis with gasoline or alcoholthen light then wait for growth :D

WisconsinBen,

send me your snail address and i'll drop a few capensis in the mail for you. mine are still growing like weeds.

Waycool, perhaps a more senior member will correct me, but I don't think we are supose to do that on the forum for plants Andrew sells and has in stock...???

NeciFiX- I'm pretty sure I sent you a mix... either 2 typical and 1 all red or 1 typical and 1 all red... something like that anyway.

thbjr- typically, that's correct... You're not really supposed to offer for trade/ask for/give away stuff sold in my store... But (as another recent topic here said) I really don't want to restrict capensis. It is a great starter plant and I don't want to be THAT strict. So, I'm going to say this capensis situation is fine.

Andrew

THBJR - I have not been in this forum for a very long time. last time i was here, giving away plants for FREE was consider a very nice and noble act. Sorry if i lost track of the changing time.

will check andrew's store in the future before posting any offers. THKS.

WayCool- as far back as I remember, plants sold by the owner were not given away/traded here... although, you are correct- many others were! I don't think capensis was ever carried in that store though.. so that's where "then" and "now" cross lines. But like I said- that rule doesn't exactly apply to d. capensis ;-)
Andrew

I just ordered from andy. The 2 dews he sells. They were priced well. Bought 2 soil types as well.

Back