What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

looking for ant plants

I'm looking for an easy cool looking ant plant (either Lecanopteris or Hydnophytum). The plant would have to be able to grow with lowlanders though. PM me and lets talk.

good luck finding Lecanopteris......they are hard to get a hold of....most the others arent so bad but far from common..........truthfully, the most reliable source ive found is ebay..............good luck in your search

Ive got Dischidia vidallii if you are interested. I grow it with my mexican pings, the temp is about 80 and about 80% humidity. PM me if you are interested.

Rattler,
I've been looking on there for about 3 week periodically, with no luck (no Lecanopteris, and only 1 Hydnophytum)

sgardner,
I appreciate it, but I think Dischidia look goofy lol.

three weeks is it? one should turn up sometime in the next 3 months..................:grin: 6 months of looking turned up one Lecanopteris for me....which i no longer have....... Hydnophytum are a tad more common cause you can find seed grown plants occationally.....either way its a search.........most fruitful way of finding them other than ebay is search through every board that has tropical plants and track down someone growing them....but its time consuming as hell

Back