Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mint

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your basic "mint" IS peppermint. Then you have all the other varieties...orange, spearmint, chocolate, etc. So if a plant is labeled "peppermint", that is the plant you want for "mint."

And...I'll warn you about lemon balm. It is horribly invasive. Somehow it got into my rear alley garden and I cannot get rid of it. It seeds copiously and/or spreads by runners. I have been pulling up every scrap I find for years and it still pops up everywhere. Its as bad as blackberry only it doesn't slice you open with horrible thorns.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    peppermint is what my dad usues to make juleps during Derby. (and boy are they good!!)

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine clumps it grows slow here .... Besides chikens like it so it keeps down but I could imagine it being invasive but blackberries are super invasive around here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12