What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

looking for a Submersible Filters/pump for an aquarium

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I know these are cheap, but before I go buy one I thought somebody here might have one laying around not being used.

I want to pump and filter the water from a pool in my new reptile home into a waterfall that drains back into the pool. Here's a pic of where it'll go.

256760433O715805334.jpg

I think one similar to this one will be perfect.

AT102.jpg

If you have one let me know what you want for it in return.

Hey ozzy... What size is the tank? ..is it a tank? I have a vivarium setup that i bought many many many moons ago. Was going to use it for a CP tank but never got around to it... it has a waterfall on one side, and a track that the water follows down to the pool on the other side... I think it's for 30g long tanks... i'd have to go look in storage....

You want a power head with a filter attached to it those are like $15 or just a cheapo $5 5 gallon or so filter(it has a small motor to filter sediment) to remove sediment then a powerhead :D

JM, is it submersible? I want something I can pump the water out of the little pond and into a fountain that drains back into the pond.

A power head is fully submersible. They typically do not have a filter there cheap like $12 or $15. Go to your aquarium shop they should have a cheap power head plug the air inlet that adds air to the waters stream. If you want filtration then and a fountain then a power head with a filter can be used(there could be a cheaper way though)
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_Aquar...rium_systems_maxi-jet_mini-jet_micro-jet.html
That one is made for aquariums remove the flap that diffuses the water and I think your set. Some power heads have no flap like this http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_AquariumPage~PageAlias~powerheads_pumps__index.html
Your aquarium shop should have some cheap power heads most likely cheaper than those fountain pumps :D
Long story short power heads are ment to be underwater 24/7 :jester:

home depot and lowes will have small fountain pumps that should work. check the outside garden section.

~b

The small fountain pumps won't work because 1) they pump too much water for the small waterfall, and 2) I want to get one with a filter.

I can get one at a pet store or ebay for a few dollars, I just thought that I'd rather make a deal here with a member that has one they aren't using then paying a petstore.

Well dang.. I could have sworn I had an extra Aquaclear 110 powerhead in the aquarium stand. I guess I was mistaken (the box is there, but its empty lol). The only ones I have are 440's which is WAYYYY too powerful for what you are thinking of... sorry.

If you cant find a deal here I would suggest the Aquaclear 110 powerhead with a sponge filter over the intake. Should be reasonably inexpensive at the big box pet stores. Avoid the regular fish stores, they generally mark their stuff up a good 20%.

Cheers
Steve

Thats what you want a power head with a cheap sponge fgilter :D

Back