What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crissytal

What is and what should never be
Hey everyone. I'm currently looking for woolly sundews. They seem a bit difficult to get a hold of so I'm not expecting much :). The ones that I'm particularly interested in are D. paradoxa, D. petiolaris, D. lanata, D. ordensis, and D. dilatato-petiolaris. In the way of trade, I have pretty common stuff unfortunately:

D. binata 'Marston Dragon' grown from root cuttings

D. capensis typical

Small S. x Dana's Delight and S. leucophylla 'Tarnok' divisions

Can do some small Utric plugs:
U. bisquamata
U. calcyfida
U. dichotoma
U. livida
U. prehensilis
U. sandersonii
U. tricolor

A couple decent sized P. titan

D. sessilifolia seedlings

Send me a PM, perhaps we can work something out.

Thanks,
Crystal

Last edited:
Hey Crystal, I've got a D. paradoxa or some hybrid I would be willing to send you. It's not in the best of shape right now because of the winter temps in my apartment and might have been going semi-dormant, but it is still healthy and putting out new growth (and it won't stop flowering...). Here's a couple pictures now and one from before.

DParadoxa003.jpg

DParadoxa006.jpg

And back when the temps were more stable:

IMAGE_00110.jpg

If you are interested, just pm your address and I'll get it out first chance I get. I'll even cover shipping.

xvart.

PM sent :)

Hey X,

That isn't paradoxa :)

I agree with Pyro. The petioles are too wide and woolly.

Hey X,

That isn't paradoxa :)

lol. Okay. Is it some sort of paradoxa hybrid? Or something I have no idea about?

xvart.

Might be paradoxa x ordensis but it looks different than my 3 clones of that...

Is it one of the plants I sent you??

Is it one of the plants I sent you??

No, I got it from Clint a long time ago, and he didn't know what it was, and when I posted some pictures a while back someone told me it was either a paradoxa or associated hybrid.

I've long since given up trying to ID these dews since my experience and knowledge stems from... well... this plant and your pictures!

xvart.

I am half inclined to think it is a petiolaris or maybe an aberrant lanata. Let me see if I can pull Seandew in on this as he is top knotch at IDing petios

I really don't mind what it is. Beggars can't be choosers right? Lol.

Crissytal,

That may be but sometimes it is still nice to know :) Or even have an educated idea...

That's true. Speculate away then :)

Everything is still available for trade, if there's anyone interested.

Thanks,
Crystal

It's very difficult to know exactly what the plant is. My thoughts are that it is definitely a hybrid- quite probably a complex one. I can see traits of D. paradoxa as well as D. dilatato-petiolaris. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some lanata or another hairy species in there as well[/i]

Thanks Sean :)

Back