What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CPs for educational presentation

Hello fellow CPers!
Our local library has asked me to do a CP presentation for the summer reading program next month. Approximatly 60-80 children ranging from lap readers to 4th graders will be present. I would like to be able to send all the children home with something but I realize that with this large of a number it will be challenging to be able to come up with that many plants plus containers and soil. I have a descent start to being able to pull this off but am asking for any extra plants/help that anyone can offer, even advise :) I am also looking for a CP related poster of some kind....so if anyone knows where I can find one please let me know. As far as plants go, I can pay for shipping but I do not have any CPs to trade due to the fact that all my extra CPs will be going to the kids....however, I do have some regular houseplants to offer for trade if that would interest anyone. Please PM me if you can help in anyway.
Happy growing;
Victoria

Where are you located?

I might be able to send some D filiformis ssp. filiformis - easy to gow, winters well....

Steve

I can offer several D. capensis -- typical and alba forms. They are easy to grow and tolerate a great deal of abuse and mishandling. And they flower like crazy. I'll take a count tomorrow of what I can get together. Probably at least 2 dozen individual plants. The plants will range in size from small-not-quite-flowering-size to larger-flowering size.

The only catch is, I don't have any extra pots or medium to offer at this time. The plants would come bare root. You or someone else would have to provide pots and growing medium.

If you want them, you'd really be doing me a favor because I desperately need to tidy up my collection and remove some of these sundews from pots they don't belong in. And I really hate throwing away good plants even if they are only D. capensis so I've been procrastinating all spring. This would give me a good reason to get it done. :-))

Thanks everyone for all the replys :) Sorry it took so long to reply....we are putting up a rock wall so have been super busy.

Steve - I am in North Central Kansas

Not a Number - Thanks for the link, exactly what I was looking for :)

CPHog - Thanks for the offer, I would gladly take your weedy capensis off your hands, lol. I have enough containers and should have enough medium for them, I am ordering more of each anyways so I can be prepared. I sent you a PM.

Thanks again everyone, I am off to a good start and it looks like I might be able to pull this off after all, the library was very excited when I told them I thought I would be able to send all the kids home with a CP of some kind :)

Happy growing;
Victoria

Back