User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking For Cephalotus Baby or Cuttings!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    give me a month to see how the basals turn out.
    like i said, they are acting a bit strange currently.
    but deffinitly if they make it, i would have no problem trading a basal out.

A windowsill grower elsantaclause's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok thanks just Pm me when you can =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with Clint on this, I came into Cp's last fall and upon seeing Ceph's was absolutely going crazy to get my hands on one just like EL here sounds like he/she is. I'm glad that I was unable to do so because I realize now looking back that I had no idea what I was doing ( even though I was SURE I did ). This hobby takes time and practice, sure no one is going to stop you from buying one, we're only looking out so that you dont waste your money and/or kill a harder to come by plant. Please if your really not going to get over it then go ahead and get one. I would say that most people wouldnt trade one with you not becuase your grow list is small but becuase it wouldnt appear that right now you have the know how or experience to provide the maximum care that is required for the ceph's.

to SK: you've been around here for a while and were new when I just started as well, I find it rude to say that you'd take clint's criticism as being "degrading" and maybe you didnt mean clint's comments and just meant comments in general... but eitherway I dont think that it was fair. You should know that everyone is just looking out for the growers especially the new growers, like EL. We're not trying to keep him from growing or learning we just want everyone to have the best experience possible.

good luck with your growing.

-Chris

future nursury owner...i hope CP_dude's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i too have to agree with Clint. When i started CPs, as soon as i learned one thing, i got an attitude like i thought i knew it all (Clint might remember that...) after just one week digging through these forums, i learned that i had A LOT to learn...
    i've been growing for about 2 1/2 years, and i still know basically nothing, mostly basics. But that's the fun with this hobby, there's always so much to learn, and so many different things to try. We're not trying to put you down, but it might be a little too soon for a Ceph. I think you will enjoy your plants much much more if you grow the easier plants for now. There are a lot of easy and beautiful CPs out there

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I HAD a baby Ceph 'Hummer's Giant' I had been growing from a leaf cutting for almost year. I transplanted it to a new pot so I could offer it in the NASC Auction. And it died. It was doing SO well.... They do not like to be transplanted.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    I HAD a baby Ceph 'Hummer's Giant' I had been growing from a leaf cutting for almost year. I transplanted it to a new pot so I could offer it in the NASC Auction. And it died. It was doing SO well.... They do not like to be transplanted.
    Poor thing. I hear if you're going to transpalnt, you shouldn't take off soil.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't take soil off.

I listed a leaf pull in the NASC auction for anyone interested.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my soil just fell off despite my careful ways.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast