Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bicalarata needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awgaupp View Post
    How's this? A mod may delete this, and later ill buy a bicalarata and then about a month- 6 months later ill tell you how it does?
    Woah woah woah... Nobody here is saying you're not allowed to get a bicalc. Try not to get so defensive. These are good people with loads of experience trying to help you. Now, if you buy a bicalc, and you can keep it alive, good for you! But you may want to slow down and try something a bit easier first. The people posting in this thread are just trying to guide you so that you can get the best experience possible with your hobby.

I don't claim to be an expert. I don't even claim to be any good at growing stuff. So far I've killed several plants that are supposed to be really really easy. I understand the urge to get a bicalc. It's right up there with n. hamata and n. rajah in the cool factor. But I know that if I got any of those plants, there's a good chance they'd be dead in a couple weeks because I don't have the proper experience. This hobby takes discipline. You have to make smart judgments on your own ability to grow things.

I urge you to really consider what these fellow growers are saying. If you can show them you have the right conditions and experience to keep a bicalc alive, I'm sure they'll change their tune. Keep in mind that bicalcs like it hot and humid all the time, and they need LOTS of space. If you can't provide those conditions, buying one is obviously a waste of money. That doesn't mean there aren't cool, easy-to-grow, plants out there. Maybe make a post in the nepenthes section listing your current growing conditions and asking what plants would do well there. I'm sure you'll find that people are willing to help.

Jason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... and i AM an expert
    Interestingly, I cannot easily recall any of the folks whom I would consider an expert with a group of plants, ever using that word to describe themselves. It might be that by the time one legitimately reaches this status, one also realizes just how easily the plants can make them humble ...
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok hows this: Im pretty good? AndDrwurm, whats a nep thats half as hard?

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cakeloverguy View Post
    Yeah, i agree, its his idea, if he wastes money, its his fault.
    It's interesting when someone joins the forum and the first post is in defense of someone else who is getting sound advice against the original idea. Since the IP's match, your second account has been banned. Any attempt to create more accounts will result in your main account also being banned. Consider this your first and only warning.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok hows this: Im pretty good? AndDrwurm, whats a nep thats half as hard?
    Well, why dont you take my advice and head over to the nep forum. Also, it might be a good idea to create a growlist (in the growlist forum) so we can see what kind of plants you are familiar with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, because ive only grown a few types ( they had to be cheap, though, cant afford pricy ones yet) the first one I did in the summer of 06, it died because i didnt pay attention i watered it like once every month:P but the ones i am doing right now are good. Soon im ordering saguniea and rafflesia

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123