Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nep seeds needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stay away from certain ebay vendors that sell seeds and plants (including a great deal of CPs) that are located in Ohio. I can't tell you who specifically to avoid though. Sorry. They do sell nep seeds but do not list a particular species. That plus the fact that they are not an actual nursery makes me wonder where these seeds are coming from and how old they are.

Ebay would be hit-or-miss. I'd say it is better to be paranoid when dealing there with CP seeds. Just avoid the one in Ohio. I've tried some of the overseas seed auctions, but just never won any.

What is and what should never be Crissytal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a warning, it is illegal to purchase seed from overseas vendors if YOU do not have the proper permits. The sellers can sell all day long to the United States, but it comes down to the BUYER having the proper paperwork. Confiscation and/or monetary penalties may apply. Of course people do it everyday and things work out fine, but that does not make it legal nor moral because you 'might' be able to get away with it.

Just my two cents.
    Crystal
    Where do we go when we just don't know,
    And how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing,
    And when will we learn to control?
    --Godsmack

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol! N.villosa seed?? lol! that one made me laugh. lol! Dude...seriously there might be less than a handful of people in the world who have villosa plants that are around a decade old. A couple of them might be seed grown..but the others are clones from BE and wistuba. There is a considerable doubt that both the clones are the same and till now none has flowered (that we know of). On top of that...villosa is a demanding plant....its night temps can be 4 C. Apparently some say that 15C at night might be too hot for villosa as well. Even if u find some, unless you live in the upper montane region of Mt. Kinabalu...there is no way to successfully seed at a window sill.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lmao, Well.... I'd like someone with more experience than myself to confirm or deny that, Cristal. I've never heard that. Ever. Even if it was illegal, I don't see how it would ever be "immoral" lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By 'moral, or immoral' I mean knowing it's wrong and/or against the law and doing it anyway. I don't know why experience is needed to understand that.

But hey, it comes down to what the person wants to do. I can't do anything about it if they decide to purchase the seed without the proper permits. Acquiring the permits and following the procedures ensure that the seed are inspected and free of pests and diseases. Sure it's rare, but if it wasn't possible the laws would not be in place.

Crystal
    Last edited by Crissytal; 07-12-2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Spelling and added
    --Godsmack

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant someone more informed with the law than I am. I'm not saying you're wrong or right, just that I've never heard it. Link?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an entire thread on it, let me find it.

http://terraforums.com/forums/showth...ight=to+import

More than one person that I respect put their input in on it and have actually gone through the procedures. That's enough for me, plus I did a lot of research on the subject and the articles back them up.

Crystal
    --Godsmack

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123