What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something a little differant....

thbjr

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap
Well, last week I found a Saguaro fruit on the fround that hadn't been picked clean by the birds (99.9% of them are) before it fell off the cactus. I was pleasantly suprised to find several seed still in the pod, so I'm going to give them away. They are small seed, about the size of this 'o', but I don't know if they will be crushed by the mail letter rolers. So, with that in mind, I'll need either a SASE or $2. for a padded envelope with postage. It's your choice.
I have 5 packets of 50-55 seeds each. Remember, these cactus grow very slowly. Look here for germination and growing instructions.
Please, first five US members to post on this thread with at least 10 post and then the offer is closed. PM me after posting about mailing and enjoy growing the largest and most famous cactus around.

1. nepenthesmatt

my little bro is in to cactus i think he would enjoy growing one from seed

1. nepenthesmatt
2. rco911

COOOL!!! Thanks!

Wow they live for like 170-200 years and they typical grow their first arm around 70- years of age. Wow talk about slow growing but like truncata these things get huge with time.
2495295663_2e8d5ea9f6.jpg

I would sign up but I already trying to provide appropriate conditions for enough plants.

1. nepenthesmatt
2. rco911
3. xvart

I needed something to add to my will...

xvart.

Wish I had ten posts. Maybe by the time I turn 93 some of your cactus will have an arm!

1. nepenthesmatt
2. rco911
3. xvart
4.awgaupp

1. nepenthesmatt
2. rco911
3. xvart
4.awgaupp
5. Bucky78

if anyone for any reason craps out let me know, im always to slow for these things

lol if two people crap out, I'm always here for the leftovers! :-O

Wow. I've been doing some more reading and research on these. Call me ignorant but I really had no idea they were that massive.

xvart.

Wow. I've been doing some more reading and research on these. Call me ignorant but I really had no idea they were that massive.

xvart.

Yep xvart, they do get this big. If that little lady weighs 100lbs, they I'd guess that cactus weight aroung 10 tons.:water:

DYANG!! LOVE IT!!!!! I wonder what the neighbors will think years from now. LOL :)

lol many years from now they are slow growing you might not live to see any of yours get that big.

YEP! It's Ok -- it will be for the kids, or even the grandkids :) Man that plant is just plain massive! Phenomenal! Thanks again Tom! :-D

Haha. I'm glad I'm not the only one flabbergasted here. I loved it when I was reading the cultivation instructions and it said, "After 1-2 years you can transplant each plant into it's own pot; it should be about an inch tall! lol.

xvart.

Forgot to say that I got these seeds in the mail last week. I'm looking forward to sowing them tomorrow and planning which of my unborn children I shall give them to when I die.

xvart.

Oops i forgot to SASE yet... i think its SASE... oh well, ill do it right away today

Back