What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. Alata and minor needed

Adam

Sarracenia Collector
I need some sarracenia alata and minors to complete my sarracenia species collection, and for trade i have some Scarlet belles that the smallest pitchers are 3", and the least amount of pitchers on the smallest plant are 3. I also have a dana's delight, but its not really pitchering, but that is only for a maroon throat, here is a picture of it:
qzlnb5.jpg
Also, I will ship bare-root.

I dont believe you will get any trade responses for those plants....since they look rather poor health right now, perhaps look up sites that sell them.

By the way, id reccomend posting as Wanted, not needed. it gives people the wrong impression, as if it were a life and death matter, rather than sounding like you NEED them, perhaps state that you would like them, it is alot more...appropriate, especially considering this is a trading or give away forum. maybe "looking for Sarracenia Alata and Minor"

I dont believe you will get any trade responses for those plants....since they look rather poor health right now, perhaps look up sites that sell them.

Ok, they ARE sending up new batches of pitchers, i forgot to add that, also, the scarlet belles are in greta condition, if you are interested in a pic i will give one.

i would post a pic for verification for people since by looking at those, they would be turned away rather quickly, id check for aphids and scales as well, as it looks like you might have some pest damage or serious light issues.

Awgaupp, you should purchase a S. alata from Andy's shop. I think if you spend at least $10 there, you get the green name upgrade. The money also helps support this forum.

As he said, and i think Andy has Minor as well...

Andy's shop listed that both minors are out of stock.

I checked of the pests, there are none, also, they Are getting great light, full sun, they're in the best light spot in the yard.

I've got some alata's but I'm not willing to unpot them right now (they're kinda surrounded by other plants and it would be a huge pain.)

If you're still interested come January pm me then and I'll see what I can do when I repot.

It looks to me like those sarracenia rhizomes are planted a bit deep... just a thought.

You only want to bury this part of the plant halfway.
170px-Sarracenia_rhizome.JPG

If it's completely covered with soil it makes it harder for the plant to make new pitchers.
Also if you are going to pot the plants in pure peat I would break up any peat clumps that are in the soil.

Back