What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting a new collection

Im trying to start up a new collection. Ive lost all my plants over the past few yrs.
Im planning on setting up an educational display in the santa barbara and ventura county fair starting next yr. So Im looking for donations of plants for the display. I will have a list of everyone who donated and what was donated in the display. So im looking for whatever i can find. Ill be buying some plants through out the year also to suppliment whatever I dont have by then. Thx for reading
and thx for your time

PS I will post pics of the display
next year after its done.:-D

Last edited:
Hi Fudog

Nice to see your geting back into carnivorous plants!

If you would send me your address? I be glad to share, some of my plants.. :)

P.S keep in touch, i like to hear how they do for you.

Tom

Hi Fudog

I am sending you all these plants ! Enjoy!

1-P.Primulflora
1-S.Dana's Delight
1-S.Judith Hindle
1-S.Tarnok
1-Venus Fly Trap
1-VFT Dente
1-Akai Ryu
Let me know how it goes!,

Tom

Thx so much man Ill have pics monthly

Hi Fudog

take a photo of my box and how it was sent, you be really suprized how i put in effort, to make sure they arrive to you..
I think the box and Ziplock bags are a plus, in the effort to geting them safe and sound to you.. I wish i was there to see your look on your face, when you see your new Pets.. :)

It's was hard for me to have to cut down the Sarracina's Pitcher plants, but i wanted to make sure no bugs was sent to you.. lol Seems this year, suger ants are a pain, there like everywere !

If you need anything, im here for you..

Your Pal from NC,
Tom

Hey,

I could donate some utricularia bisquamata. And some small pinguicula wesers. Ill see what i have.....
OK I can get you 3-4 utric. bisq. and two or three ping. Wesers.
And maybe ill see you at the Ventura fair next year, i could walk over there and see you and your plants! Cant wait to see. Can you give me your addy and i will get the plants out monday.
And ill throw in some d. capensis too.

Thanks,
Cody

Thx guys i really appreciate the help
Tom: Ill take pics when i get them

Last edited:
lol, you're just restarting your collection and you already have more than i do, and i spent like 50$ in total for mine.
you're a lucky man.

well lol i had about 35 different varities at one point all in good shape. But its abit different this time since the whole point of having them this time is for an educational display. Not that i wouldnt have minded starting again but it will be nice for people to find out more about the bug eaters we all love so much lol.
And the last time the fair had any entered was 4 or 5 yrs ago. So i think this will be a good thing.

it is, dont get me wrong.

I talked to the people in charge in the floriculture department last night every one was really happy when they heard I already got plants coming in.
And on a side note my Sumi landscape painting got 3rd place in the fair. Lol And I didnt even want to enter it.

Big thx to Cody got his plants today and Tom's also.
I have to say the packing was execellant everything was tapped in place!!
Thx so much guys I really appreciate the help. You guys will be mentioned in the display.

Tom: Im taking pics and will have them up in a few days.

Very cool ! Im glad you like em.. I can't wait to see how it goes!

Tom

Sry for the delay on the pics Ie been very busy with the fair this past week but its over now. I also started a new job monday. I will have pics up by this weekend I promise.

Again thx to everyone

Brian

Glad to here you like them, Ill see you and the plants next year at the fair!

Back