What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. veitchii 'Bareo Highland'

I'm thinking about trading a large N. veitchii 'Bareo Highland' that has outgrown my house's winter lighting. It's about 20" across and leaves are 10"+, not counting tendrils, and has a new basal shoot. It's just begun pitchering since it takes a while for it to get going after spending the winter in less than ideal conditions. But it's a very healthy specimen of this slow-growing species. The brown you see in the "back" photo is from last year's leaves which I haven't trimmed off yet.

I'm not looking for more CPs, since I don't want to grow Neps unless I solve the winter light issue and I've filled all the plausible space that Sarrs can grow. So I'm open to suggestions and one thing I'm interested in is hardy cacti that can tolerate the northeastern climate. I already have Opuntia humifusa and I'd also be interested in Echinocerus, Escobaria, Gymnocalycium, smaller Opuntias or others that might be happy here. I much prefer plants that don't need to be inside during winter, but I'll consider anything and it doesn't have to be a plant.

Here are some photos:

front
CIMG4011.jpg

back
CIMG4014.jpg

side
CIMG4012.jpg

:'( I wish I had something to offer.... Great looking nep though, I hope some of mine will get that big in a few years...

Back