What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

intermedia seeds wanted

I live in Kentucky and intermedia are the only carnivorous species that I know of that are native to us. I want to try to get these started on my farm and other property. Let me know if anyone has any seed that they might not need and what you might want for it. Thanks.

We'll see how mine do. They are starting to really get into the whole flowering thing now so I'll keep you in mind if all goes well.

I might be able to send you a few, but I don't have many, and I live overseas in NZ, so you might want to seek other offers nearer you, and more convenient offers with larger amounts of seed first. I wouldn't be able to send seeds for a couple of months either, until September/October probably, because I'm busy now. I do have the seeds stored in the fridge though, so if you don't get any other offers get hold of me and I'll see if I can help :)

Ideally, you'd want to try to find some from your area if you're going to naturalize it on your farm. They would be the most well adapted to your region and wouldn't 'pollute' any other local plants w/ different genetic material...

Last edited:
You're better off growing them in a minibog or on a window sill.

D.intermedia

Hi,
Everyone is correct. There are to many diverse plants, the standard D.intermedia, the Great swamp D. intermedia, the Giant D. intermedia etc. If it is proper to do so, collect the seeds from plants in your area. This plant is very prolific, you should check around in your area.

Good Luck!!

Regards :bigthumpup:

Back