What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dimka

Sundewist
Hello guys and girls!
It has been something like 18 months since I've last been here, and about the same time since I took care of my plants. Real life got the best of me so I simply had no time at all, not to mention a sudden wave of freezing cold weather completely annihilating all my dormant plants which were "sleeping" on my tiny balcony. Even now I still battle with biochemistry and other fun things which leave my social and personal life in complete ruin, or rather non-existent, but I've found it possible to restart with carnivorous plants once again!
I had packets of seeds which I collected from my dews (about 20 species), and just now, after setting up my lights and aquarium (can't really deal with pots in an apartment, as many of you know), I found out that they were all thrown away by my... some people just don't appreciate things dear to others... in fact even all my seedling pots and all my aquariums were thrown out, all but one...
So if any of you could please find it in your hearts to share some surplus seeds or plants, I would be very much obliged indeed. It was this forum which jump started me with precious droserae and flytraps, which in time have grown into a thriving forest of glistening sticky death, taught me about the lighting and soil, and it is here that I come back after such a crash.
Please, please, please, if anyone is able to help out, I would appreciate it very much.
Thank you.:-(

I might be able to send you a S. x Dana's Delight division at some point... but doesn't this count as begging...?

um, I doubt it could've been that cold. I am sure sars and vfts can live through a short frost.

I didn't grow sars, and it was cold enough to crack the glass of the aquarium the pots were in... and in the spring nothing grew... not vft nor dews...
Thanks

oh, sorry, I didn't realize you meant last winter!

Thanks to all the people (all two of them) who helped me in this time of need!
I got the plants yesterday and they are in good health.
D. prolifera actually already had some dew today. I couldn't resist touching it with my finger so now it does not lol, but hopefully, it will have lots more in the future :)

Back