What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted: N. vietchii highland

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
Like the title says, I'm looking for a highland form of N. vietchii - trying to add more low-humidity-tolerant species to my collection. I rarely see these offered, but if you've got a spare or can root a cutting for me, check my growlist and hopefully we can work something out. http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98220
Right now I've got Pings and temperate Drosera, and am getting ready to divide most of my Sarracenia. Also have some oddballs like G. hispidula - PM me with your thoughts.
Thanks,
~Joe

the highland veitchii i had was tolerant of low humidity but pitchered pretty poorly in it......the vine grew just fine but if humidity dropped below bout 60% it only pitchered bout every 4th leaf

Well, humidity isn't particularly low at my house - it's usually 65-75% and consistent enough. Between that and the cool temperatures in the area I can grow sensitive species like rajah and lowii in the open without much fuss. N. vietchii is supposed to a fairly easy species from what I've read, so I can't imagine it failing where a stickler like rajah succeeds. And all of my vietchii hybrids seem to love these conditions. I just like tougher plants because I can spend less time doting on them and more time enjoying them.
~Joe

it sounds like it should be fine.....when yah said low humidity i thought yah meant low humidity and was just given yah a heads up......

Hehe, thanks. I used to be super paranoid about my Neps but it seems I've got fairly ideal conditions. Now they and I have come to an understanding; they grow when they want to and I leave them alone as much as possible. :D
~Joe

Back