What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salvia Divinorum

Maybe this not even what I want. I had what was called "marameeya" by an old arab girlfriend in some tea. The tase was something else. I've been reading about it and it seems people like to smoke it. Well I just want some more of that tea! So if anyone has some seeds or any cuttings and want to set something up please PM me.

Good luck, It'd a difficult species to acquire... I don't know about drinking it or smoking it, But I was looking for a plant a couple years ago for the garden. Would have made a nice conversation specimen, but I never found one.

It's supposed to be a bit temperamental to grow, so look up it's cultural requirements and best wishes!

Warmest Regards and Happy growing,
-Jc
Miami, Florida

Extremely temperamental, but you are probably in the right climate to grow it so far as places in the states go. That said, don't ingest this stuff. It's not for fun.
~Joe

I read it's a sub-tropical plant that really can't take under 40. I was just going to grow it in a east window, maybe in my basement highland set-up. If it's the right thing it's real good in tea.

I was watching "the Doctors" on TV today and that was the plant they were talking about that people like to smoke (I guess its like the new marijuana or something) and all of the nerve damage it does when smoked on a regular basis. So be careful with that....even if its in tea!

Last edited:
i wonder if that show was paid for by the tobacco companies... :)

whats it taste like in tea?

whats it taste like in tea?

Somewhere between very overbrewed black tea and pipe resin.
I wouldn't be as worried about it giving you brain damage than it creating/uncovering enormous emotional and spiritual wounds/burdens. In my experience, Salvia is a big fat dose of universal truth, and it's usually pretty heavy.
~Joe

PS - Whoops, didn't realize this was in the trading forum; I'll try to curtail my conversation. :D

It's an experience all to itself and very different individually (10 min acid trip). I wouldn't put it in a group with marijuana any day, completely different ball park.

This plant was available on ebay quite a lot over the summer. It may be getting too cold for shipping it now.

as Joe states, it is not for the faint of heart..most who try it and break through to the other side never want to try it twice

Av

Well when I tried it two different times I really feel any weird effects. What I'm really looking for is what arabs call "marameeya". I researched it and someone said it was Salvia Divinorum or wild sage. Maybe it's lagochilus inebrians or intoxicating mint.

I think it's probably Lagochilus you're thinking of - Salvia divinorum is a new-world plant.
And, not to be contrary, but it isn't always a 10-minute experience like nepenthes369 suggests. Sometimes - and rather unpredictably - the effects can last hours or most of a day. Similarly, you'll sometimes lose consciousness while on Salvia, while other times at the same dosage you'll black out but continue to do (often very kooky) stuff. Which is exactly why I say it's not something for having fun; you need a sober and physically fit person to sit with you and possibly restrain you, and even if you enjoy the ride, at best your sitter will be bored to tears.
~Joe

You are prolly right because they say it's somewhere in Mexico it's grown and Lagochilus is from the middle east.

it doesn't cause nerve damage.

ah, well, at anyrate I knew I had seen it on that show that day and I think they were going back and forth between it and other "intoxicating" things, Im sure i got it confused with something else as to the damaging effets. *shrug* The guy that had taken a few puffs of it was pretty interesting to watch and try to decifer what on earth he was talking about though. lol

I hope you find what youre looking for as far as the tea goes!!

Well I'm going to try both of these herbs as well just basic sage.

Back