What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lookin' For Aldrovanda

Clue

clippity-clip-clip
Does anyone here have subtropical forms of Aldrovanda (or even grow it)? Will'n to pay or trade for your excess if necessary. :-O

The Aldrovanda tub's all set up, filled with arrowheads, taros, Utricularia, peat, leaf litter, CO 2, etc.

I believe that I'm ready...

Subliminal Messaging Over,
-Clue

Me too!

from my experiences...aquatic utrics will usually crowd out and displace the aldrovanda. one accidental watering from the gibba tub and my aldrovanda got wiped out.

~billy

I found a place where they sell green and red Aldrovandas for like $8.00, but I read in The Savage Garden that they are very difficult plants to keep long term.

I guess I'll get one in a few years when I'm more experienced, but right now, I'll consider buying an Utricularia.

they cant be that hard. i think all you would need is a well established aquarium with some good lighting. and probably a co2 bubbler...

Does anyone here have subtropical forms of Aldrovanda (or even grow it)? Will'n to pay or trade for your excess if necessary. :-O

Paying for plants on this forum is not allowed. Trading IS the idea on this Trade Forum, so it is best to offer a trade. Some people do, out of the kindness of their heart, give material away quite often.

Back