What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Available: D. schizandra

Jefforever

A yellow M&M
I know several people were interested in some D. schizandra, to complete their collection of all 3 of the Queensland sisters.

These are nearly 2 years old.

I've got many plants available, and they're all roughly 2 to 3 inches across. These guys tend to cost a lot... around $20 for a 1 to 2 inch plant; so I'm looking for a little more than the common D. capensis, P. moranensis, and VFT.

Please email me at 6wongsljp @ gmail dot com. No pms please.

Here are some pics:

IMG_4185.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

IMG_4194.jpg

IMG_4192.jpg

Thanks.

Jeff.... I'm at work and don't have Gmail capability. But I'm interested in a specimen.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for letting me know. Please pm me; I just don't have room for everyones' pms.

- Jeff

Awfully tempting, but the last one I tried died in less than a week. They seem to be pretty picky.

Thanks Joe!

Baylorguy - they're really not that hard to grow. If you can keep highland neps alive (like lowii, macrophylla, spectabilis, hamata, aristolocioides, etc.) you'll not have any problems with these guys.

Low levels of light, high humidity, and a steady temp of about 60 - 65 F is enough. The plants also don't like water on their leaves.

I read on another forum that a guy grows these on the dirt/moss his greenhouse is built on!

I'll probably get one when I'm a little more experienced. Right now, I just killed a Drosera Adelae, so it'll be some time before I get one of those

Jeff - nice job growing these guys! Very healthy-looking plants.

What media are you using?

WOo xbox live! What's your gamertag Jeff? I'll add you to my list :p

Very nice D. schizandra btw haha

I'm afraid I may not be able to offer those conditions. I typically have a high from 75-78 and a low about 74 with humidity around 60%.

Sounds like these guys like it a bit cooler.

Phil

Thanks Joe!

Baylorguy - they're really not that hard to grow. If you can keep highland neps alive (like lowii, macrophylla, spectabilis, hamata, aristolocioides, etc.) you'll not have any problems with these guys.

Low levels of light, high humidity, and a steady temp of about 60 - 65 F is enough. The plants also don't like water on their leaves.

I read on another forum that a guy grows these on the dirt/moss his greenhouse is built on!

Same here, 60 @ nights 70-80 day and 40 - 60% humidity :/

That would be nice and I probably have conditions for them, I just literally have nothing to offer. At most I could scrounge up a U. Sandersonii 'blue' plug. That's hardly fair though.

Dexenthes, please email me.

I currently have to offer D. spatulata and spatulata frasier island seeds. I have byblis linflora seed. I have drosera omissa x pulchella. If you like any utrics on my list let me know I can take a chunk off for ya. I also have a few pings you might like.

S Oregon CP - Please email me.

Very, very nice Jeff!

Were those seed grown? How did you propagate those so well?

So, you're growing those similar conditions as Adelae?

Back