What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for CP

I bought my 5 year old a fly trap and I can not find any other CP here locally...been looking at the local lowes and the associate said they sell out as fast as they come in. Where can I get some more variations of plants to add to our new and growing hobby?

Free?!?! DID SOMEONE SAY FREE!?!? If its free, its for me!!

LOL

I don't know how close it is to you, but I believe that the north carolina botanical garden has lots of Cps. (please correct me if I am wrong.) I am not sure, but most gardens will have a shop selling some plants. I would offer you something, but I don't have anything to offer

Drosera capensis from flytrapshop.com is a wonderful and easy sundew.

I was out at Oakdale Greenhouses in Charlotte on Statesville Road not long ago. They had a few Drosera capensis that looked to have been potted long ago (and were overpriced at $20, in my opinion...).

You could call the greenhouse at UNCC. They might have plants left over from the Spring sale, and they usually have at least a few random CPs for sale, and they have some minibogs always for sale. Both of those places are pretty close to you. My small collection so far has come from UNCC and Lowe's.

You might enjoy the trip to UNCC just to see their CPs. They have a lot of them, including a whole bunch of Sarracenia hybrids created there by the director of the gardens. Going there and seeing their CP room and outdoor bog gardens is what got me started on all this a few months ago. :-D

I've never ordered CPs online, but I've seen a lot of praise for the plants that come from flytrapshop.com; if I had to order plants online I'd go with them. Also, you can look in the trading post forum here. There are often people giving away stuff for shipping costs.

Back