Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ampullaria trade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Requesting that you be nicer is not "uncalled for". I second the request.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post
    YtK that was a bit uncalled for
    i was not trying to come off as rude, and before i knew anything about CPs? i think thats a bit rediculous considering most everyone knows about CPs by the time they are like...what 3? i mean damn.
    my brother grew sarracenia for 20 someodd years and i grew up around em, i suggest you dont make assumptions of people you dont know, k thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YtK View Post
    Sirkristoff mybe you should try to be nicer. You can see i registeresd to this forums much before you even knew any thing about Cps.
    Yoav
    CP-Connection
    this quote is completely irrelevant to anything involving the trade or what i said, and is entirely uncalled for, read his statements a little more thoroughly and maybe youll understand what i was saying.

That is one of those statements that a child would use, "You can see i registeresd (you spelled that wrong there buddy) to this (it would be these) much before you even knew any thing about Cps. (Before you knew anything about CPs would have also worked better). If one person is going to be a child, I might as well stoop to that level, lol.
    As so many of you said, Even if your an adult, you dont ever have to stop acting like a child.
    BwAhHAhaHAHah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not believe SK was being rude at all. He was just trying to point out some possible problems that may occur with a trade like this. Also he is right, a "giant" Ceph cultivar is very pricey as compared to all those amps combined. I did not see him being rude at all, but some people get easily offended these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill be the first to say im sorry if i sounded rude in any way, i, as macamus just pointed out, was just trying to point out that many people might not view it as a fair trade.
    macamus that sang you sent me awhile ago is doing great thanks alot

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, but we seriously have to make like, a "rules of engagement" thread about the right way to argue. Im sick and tired of the "oh, you spelled ____ wrong so that means your dumber than me hehe!" attacks.

Y'all be cool (headed),
    Frankie
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I will make a few points.

YtK,

We do not condone cross borders exchange without the proper permits. If it is something you want to work out via emails/PMs we can not stop that. But we cannot allow open discussions. Otherwise we are liable.

SK,

To me, your first post may not have been rude (however I do think it could have been approached/worded better) but your latter posts were. It is obvious that this person speaks English as a second language and yet you had to go and point out his spelling and grammar mistakes. You are being condescending and then justifying it with "if he is acting like a child then I get to act like a child." By that logic everyone on this forum ought to be acting like toddlers... So I for one do think an apology is in order. Not for your first post but indeed for the latter ones.

Also, just an FYI to all parties, the true 'Tricolor' cultivar of amp (re-named cv. 'Harlequin'), like the 'Cantley's Red' cultivar, sells for around a hundred dollars these days, not $15-20. And likewise, I can get a Giant Ceph for ~$30. So either way you look at it it seems a fair trade to me.

Remember that eBay is not the end all be all in pricing. I can get a N. hamata for $40 despite the fact that one recently sold on eBay for close to $800.
    Last edited by Pyro; 05-18-2009 at 07:25 AM.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once saw a post on craigslist for "vintage garden tractor, new paint - $2200". It was basically a 30 y/o riding lawnmower. I laughed until I cried, then spent the next week haggling with the guy. Except I was haggling in reverse. "I like UR tractor would you take $2500". "If it has fresh paint I'll give you $2700". Putting down other people makes me feel good!

Some people don't know what their junk is worth, and some people post wild offers to start the bargaining process. If you see an unfair trade offer, its rude to elucidate in great detail the extent of its worthlessness. But you knew that before you posted SK. And if you didn't then you definitely knew that after you hurt whats his faces feelings.

My best advice is take it to craigslist! One of my favorite things is creating sarcastic posts making fun of people who are looking for a handout. "Shredded paper many beutiful colors. Will trade for RV in good conditiun. God bless" You have to add god bless at the end so it won't get deleted!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pyro- only till recently have I spoken english as a primary language. So again, I ask that people don't make basic assumptions. I was not trying to be rude with that post, but when you use a cellphone for most of your typing, its a little more difficult to get points across or anything else like that. It is a very valid point that many of the giant cephs available are worth way more than any of the amps offered. Just because you can get a giant clone for 30 or 40 you have to remember a majority of us cannot.

Frankie- the spelling thing was meant to bring that up, the whole smarter than you thing.
    When he said, I registered here long before you even knew what cps were, well damn dude, isn't that basically the same thing?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast