Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ampullaria trade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ampullaria trade

Green, Spotted, Tricolor . Will trade for a giant form of Cephalotus and to one day in the next few years to have a cutting back from all three.

Thanks and all the best

Yoav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doesnt seem like much of a trade if your asking for a plant then wanting to receive a part of the plant back.....those 3 amps are rather cheap and easy to come by, giant clones of ceph on the other hand are not....many people are generous enough to send cuttings out after the plant is established.....maybe if it were something a little cheaper than those plants, but i have seen all 3 of those for less than 15-20$ and giant clones of ceph upwards of 300+ $

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think phytosanitary certificates are necessary too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yoav,
    I recommend that you add your location to trading posts so interested folks will realize what they may be getting into - since much (if not all) of the risk of substantial penalties is borne by the recipient - as was noted in your prior post to try & trade these plants.
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the tricolor i bought in much more a few years ago. Any way im not really in the Cp thing any more. I now grow Succulent Asclepiads so not aware about the prices any more. I want to stop grow them becaus today i dont have much room and resources for them in a few years any way i will probably have a better arangement thats whay i thought if any one takes them he could send me a cutting in a few years if i ask.
    Most people outside this forum dont mind about the phytosanitary certificates so i try and if any one will not mind we will trade.
    Sirkristoff mybe you should try to be nicer. You can see i registeresd to this forums much before you even knew any thing about Cps.

All the best

Yoav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YtK View Post
    Most people outside this forum dont mind about the phytosanitary certificates so i try and if any one will not mind we will trade.
    While this may indeed be true, I have vivid memories of one of our own having to fork out some major funds due to a mistake in communication. While this was explained on the listserver iirc, Joe also shared some of the experience over in this post. Here's the pertinent part:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Griffin View Post
    As many of you know, I ate a $2500 fine from the USDA two years ago for importing some plants(which had bugs and were destroyed). The exporter did not wait for my permit and mailed them as "Children's Toys". But according to the USDA, I was at fault for ordering them in the first place. I talked to my lawyer, and he said that by the time anyone did the research to be ready for this case, it would be already that amount in legal fees. I could have defended myself, and possibly won, but if the Judge was humourless(as yours seems to be) and did not believe me, the fine could be up to $10,000!!! I decided to cut my losses, which may not be what some others would do.
    Importing plants without a permit is like playing Russian Roulette, you never know when your shipment will be the one they open .....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron Thanks i understand . Here they are much more forgiving they will let you know and give you an opertunity to mail it back to the sender.

All the best

Yoav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YtK that was a bit uncalled for
    i was not trying to come off as rude, and before i knew anything about CPs? i think thats a bit rediculous considering most everyone knows about CPs by the time they are like...what 3? i mean damn.
    my brother grew sarracenia for 20 someodd years and i grew up around em, i suggest you dont make assumptions of people you dont know, k thanks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast