What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. truncata giveaway

wow! i went on cp photofinder to look up n.truncata and looky what i found!

borneoexoticscomTruncata5.jpg

i had no idea they got so big and cool! :-O

I think you should have everyone mail you a single jellybelly and who ever sends the flavor you like best wins!

wow! i went on cp photofinder to look up n.truncata and looky what i found!

Unfortunately, mine does not (and will not) look like that N. truncata. I would be really freaking awesome to give away a clone like that!

xvart.

Objection to that, RSS. For one, I would have to buy a whole bag for just one (I don't like eating them), and I'd have to pay at least 42 cents for postage. 2nd, don't know what his favorite flavor is! LOL!

Aslan

But just think of the chaos! 25-50 little letters with a single bean in them! I'm sure the post office would investigate that.

I think you should have everyone mail you a single jellybelly and who ever sends the flavor you like best wins!
How about a 'Road Rally' concept w/ an online game?

Xvart plays an online game (like this one) and gets a score. However, he doesn't tell anyone what it is. 'Contestants' also play the game & submit a screen shot w/ their score. The closest one to Xvart's score wins ..... :boogie:

That is the N. Truncata Black from Borneo Exotics.

I'll throw my name for the giveaway I love N.truncata and yours is such a cutie I love their leaf shape.

Congrats whoever wins.

OOh A nep....if they liked me i would so enter the giveaway...........

I am not worthy!

I might as well try. My Nepenthes collection is finally going stable.

The "random selection" process is starting to formulate in my head... I could see this closing as soon as tomorrow night but possibly this weekend. Thanks everyone for the interest and I'm glad to be finding a great home for this plant.

xvart.

So here is how the "winner" will be selected. Everyone who has posted in this thread (excluding F R e N c H 3 z since he specifically said he was not interested, petmantis since he is international, and myself) is listed below. If I missed your name you must post and tell me that I missed you and you will automatically get to the second round.

I am going to flip a coin, in the order of this list, and give everyone either a "heads" or a "tails." Once everyone has their assignment, I will then count up the total number of heads and the total number of tails. The people who got the side of the coin that turned up the most move on to the second round. Everyone else is out.

This will continue until there is a small number of people left. In one of the subsequent rounds if it happens to turn out that the winning coin side is three, then I will do it again to get down to two people, and then assign each of those two people to either heads or tails. If it does not turn out to three, I will try and dig out my D&D dice and then assign each person a number.

Surprisingly enough, I don't have a coin on me right now (and can't find one), so I will post the first round in a couple of hours.

If I missed your name on the list, you get an automatic advancement to the second round, provided you post to let me know before the second round winners are selected.

THE CONTESTANTS:
obregon562
Halt
Frilleon
Jefforever
Huntsmanshorn
awgaupp
drosera5150
xantius
RSS
CN
theyellowdart
allegedhuman
Rocketcaver
torrent85
Nep Lover
cmm889
The Griffin
trek623
ellisonk001
droseraguy
jfoley
DavyJones
M Jacobs
Millipede
Jimmy
rattler
aaddaam
Aslan
Nepenthes101
Ant
cp-connection
RL7836
bluebird
kamiljablo
Clue

Good luck!

xvart.

Last edited:
This should be entertaining. lol

Thanks again, xvart!

The results are in! Using a 1991 penny, the results are as follows:

obregon562 Heads
Halt Heads
Frilleon Tails
Jefforever Tails
Huntsmanshorn Heads
awgaupp Heads
drosera5150 Heads
xantius Heads
RSS Tails
CN Tails
theyellowdart Tails
allegedhuman Heads
Rocketcaver Tails
torrent85 Tails
Nep Lover Tails
cmm889 Heads
The Griffin Tails
trek623 Tails
ellisonk001 Heads
droseraguy Heads
jfoley Tails
DavyJones Tails
M Jacobs Heads
Millipede Heads
Jimmy Tails
rattler Tails
aaddaam Heads
Aslan Heads
Nepenthes101 Tails
Ant Heads
cp-connection Tails
RL7836 Tails
bluebird Tails
kamiljablo Tails
Clue Heads

Heads: 16
Tails: 19

At least for this round, the old saying "Tails never fails" holds true.

THE REMAINING CONTESTANTS:
Frilleon
Jefforever
RSS
CN
theyellowdart
Rocketcaver
torrent85
Nep Lover
The Griffin
trek623
jfoley
DavyJones
Jimmy
rattler
Nepenthes101
cp-connection
RL7836
bluebird
kamiljablo

The second round will be conducted probably tomorrow sometime.

Good luck!

xvart.

I guess I should be crying right about now.

Go Frilleon, Go!

:D

What an interesting statistical method to use. If we had more people participating we would have higher odds of it being a 50/50 split. It'll be interesting to see what the split is in the next round. Congrats to the winners?

Which person do i sue for discriminating agains Latino Americans? :D

no!!! I lost!

Back