What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Male N. spectabilis North Sumatra BE pollen

Should be ready in a few weeks time, flower is just becoming visible.
Id like to find a female spectabilis above all, i dont care what variety.
but if its a hybrid cross that it comes down to, anything with bright colorful pitchers is great, preferably something with a flared peristome.
50-50 on seed produced.

I have Veitchii x xTiveyi Female. Rooted cutting size. I hope for It to flower soon. I could store some pollen in the freezer If you are willing to give it a try.
I'll do a 50/50 seed split with you. Veitchii x xTiveyi has a very nice flared peristome with some striping. But I know that the spectabilis will already add to that.
Due to my growing space being so limited, I'll give you more than 50% of the seed. I only really need like 25% or 30% of the seed. The rest can be yours.

Sounds good N101...
ill put you on the list for the pollen, its not a long one, so ill just think about what would look best...
thanks for your interest

cool, thanks. That sounds great. I have 2 Veitchii x xTiveyi (females). Both rooted cuttings. I have seen some rooted cuttings flower early in size. I hope for mine to do the same. I have so far only have had a male campanulata flower for me.
I am praying for my females to flower for me soon as that would be awesome. That would be cool but not very likely if they both flowered for me at the same time. That would be lots of seed potential.

Anyone else interested?
EDIT:
here are a few pitcher photos from awhile ago, just for an idea.
Intermediate pitcher, side view
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee61/SirKristoff/SpectabilisandCeph005.jpg[/IMG
Intermediate pitcher, front view
[IMG]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee61/SirKristoff/SpectabilisandCeph001.jpg
Lower pitcher
SpectabilisandCeph002.jpg

and some of you may recall this one from a competition we had on here?
Spectabiliscloseup006.jpg

and another...strange shot lol
Spectabiliscloseup.jpg

Back