Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do you ship a plant?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do you ship a plant?

I know that some of you have already told me how to do this, but I have a terrible memory.

Could someone please explain to me how to pack and ship a Venus Fly Trap?
    Thanx!
    They're watching us. o.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are several ways.

Is it going to be shipped bare root or potted?
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi chomp. A good way to pack and ship a vft is what I do is Take the potted plant and some ceran wrap, wrap all around and over the pot the hold the soil and plant in place. Then I take a plastic cup and place it over the plant to act as a humidity dome. I wrap a bit of ceran over and around the plastic cup to keep it in place. I use some tape to keep the ceran from un raveling.
    Then once I place the potted plant in the flat rate box, I use either news paper, strofoam peanuts, or plastic white grocery bags to act as cushioning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, that's the way I was thinking of. :P
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes101 View Post
    Hi chomp. A good way to pack and ship a vft is what I do is Take the potted plant and some ceran wrap, wrap all around and over the pot the hold the soil and plant in place. Then I take a plastic cup and place it over the plant to act as a humidity dome. I wrap a bit of ceran over and around the plastic cup to keep it in place. I use some tape to keep the ceran from un raveling.
    Then once I place the potted plant in the flat rate box, I use either news paper, strofoam peanuts, or plastic white grocery bags to act as cushioning.
    He certainly posted my plants this way. Nearly strong enough to withstand being run over by a tank. I certainly had trouble unpacking it.
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! All i ever do is just take the vft, wrap its roots in a few strands of Sphagnum moss, then wrap the protected roots in a sheet of absorbent paper towel. Throw the whole thing in a ziplock, and put in a box with cushioning. Into the mailbox it goes after that
    <Heli> How are you guys losing your hamatas?
    <Brokken> Heli: The hamburglar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like this method too, though i havnt shipped a lot of potted plants lately...for my barerooted plants i...

dig the plant up
    usually wrap its roots in a moist paper towel,
    wrap that in a blastic baggy, the ones without the zip locking thing
    then put the whole plant into a larger bag lol

seems to work fine, i should be shipping plants soon and if i remember ill try to take pics of my steps if that would be any helpful, im not the best when it comes to shipping bareroot but id say im an average packer when it comes to barerooted plants.

~~and since this is up, id love to know how you all pack your dews, pings and other small cps, barerooted, ive never really had luck with them

~~thanks

hope this helps
    dustin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx guys! That'll really help!
    They're watching us. o.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast