What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just harvested a batch of seeds from a Cephalotus 'Hummers Giant' (with more ripening daily). I am interested in trading for other fresh seeds (see list below). However, since Ceph seeds reputedly have a short shelf life and my wish list includes some seeds which are similarly short-lived (or are probably not ready for harvest yet), I will consider trading the Ceph seeds for future delivery of seeds from some of my target species. If you have produced seeds from my target species in the past & feel that you will have seed again on or before next spring / summer - shoot me an email & let's discuss ..... (in addition, I have Sarracenia seed available - both from last year's harvest as well as the one upcoming in the fall).

Here's a pic of 2 babies from last year's seed:
Cephbabies081709RS.jpg

As most people familiar with the 'Hummer's Giant' clone already know, it usually (but not always) has a wide 'midrib'. Here's a current pic of one of my plants showing this characteristic:
Ceph-midrib1RS.jpg

Target list of species (roughly in order of preference):

- U. quelchii
- U. humboldtii or nelumbifolia
- U. reniformis (small clones only)
- D. ascendens from the following locations:
- Salesopolis
- Serra do Cabral
- Diamantina
- Itambe Peak (hairy form)
- S. flava var. atropurpurea (from NC)
- S. psittacina (golfballensis with location) :-D
- S. leucophylla (really white top with location)
- S. purpurea ssp venosa var montana (with location)

If interested, please send an email to the following address:

Emailaddressasimage.jpg

... and include:

- name
- forum name
- information on the seeds you are offering to trade

Other 'stuff':
- seeds are not for sale
- this is not on a 1st come basis - no need to rush
- while I will attempt to respond in a timely manner, I may not succeed (please be patient)
- International requests are welcome
- yes - I have a small lot of seed permit to bring seed legally into USA
- even though this seed comes from a 'Hummer's Giant' with no other plants involved - seedlings will not be 'Hummer's Giant' clone due to genetic variability. However, this variability allows for interesting surprises ...
- please ask any questions either here in the thread or via email (not PM's as they are a pain when box fills)

- Thanks for playing :bigthumpup:

even though this seed comes from a 'Hummer's Giant' with no other plants involved - seedlings will not be 'Hummer's Giant' clone due to genetic variability. However, this variability allows for interesting surprises.

Yes, the seed will not be 'Hummer's Giant'. Please do not trade and then add 'Hummers Giant' to your growlist. That is a no no :nono:

Back