What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Nepenthes Seeds For Qualifiers

UPDATE: THIS OFFER IS NOW CLOSED.

The purpose of this offer is to increase the number of people who can grow Nepenthes from seed, and is open only to those who qualify. There are two batches of seeds, which were harvested very recently. The seeds will likely grow in lowland to intermediate conditions. (The mother and father plants are growing on the lowland side of intermediate conditions.)

Here are the two conditions that must be met to qualify to receive seeds (your honesty is requested):

(1) You have not grown Nepenthes from seed before OR you have tried to grow Nepenthes from seed but were not successful.

(2) You can set up the conditions for growing the seeds (growing medium and lowland/intermediate conditions) within three days.

If you qualify and you’re interested, sign up on either list below, but not both. After adding your name to a list, post both of them, just to make it easier to keep track of things.

N. Splendiana x ventricosum seeds

N. [thorelii x (stenophylla x lowii)] x ventrocosum seeds

If you signed up to receive seeds, PM me with your postal mailing address. Please write the address, line by line, just as it should appear on the envelope, as I am not familiar with the formats of addresses of different countries. Make sure you include your country, if not the U.S.A. I will mail the seeds, but there's no guarantee that those who live outside the U.S.A. will receive the seeds, as it depends on the regulations of your country. Please excuse the longwindedness of this posting.

1. F R e N c H 3 z --- determined to get germination at least once before i die! Thanks :)

whats ventricosum? a hybrid?

1. F R e N c H 3 z --- determined to get germination at least once before i die! Thanks
2. dashman - never tried nep seed, but have plenty of seedlings growing from trades. Thanks!

1. F R e N c H 3 z --- determined to get germination at least once before i die! Thanks
2. dashman - never tried nep seed, but have plenty of seedlings growing from trades. Thanks!
3. peterj (tried but haven't succeeded yet)

if there is a 4th place for N. [thorelii x (stenophylla x lowii)] x ventrocosum seeds i would like them if not i am not picky

1.CN = have tried lots of times

2. Awgaupp-Are these lowland or intermediate. Have only tried once, but they spilled, so i hope it will succeed

2. Awgaupp-Are these lowland or intermediate. Have only tried once, but they spilled, so i hope it will succeed
3. Chezilla. tried a few times, some currently. I have a lowland set-up w/ bical pitchering. Thanks

Thanks to carnivoure12 for bringing up the matter of the name "ventrocosum." Of course, there is no such plant. I have to admit that I don't know the father plant for each hybrid, as I wrote the wrong name on the tag that I put on the flower stalk, and I can't remember which plant I got the pollen from. It might have been "sibuyanensis x ventricosa Red Giant," but that's just a guess. Sorry for the uncertainty about this, and I hope nobody is too concerned about names. Anyway, I just mailed the seeds (which are labeled incorrectly). Please let me know when you receive them. Good luck!

Will let you know when they arrive, thanks again Tropics!

Got them .
Thank you very much

Daren

Also got them and planted today :) Thank you!

got them. I'll be planting them by wednesday

Got them today as well. Thank you!

as promised planted about 10 minutes after i got the mail yesterday

Picture013-3.jpg

Picture015-3.jpg

Daren

hey cn, what media did you use? i will plant them soon, then transfer to my new tropical terrarium, but it hasnt been built, so i must wait

i use chopped dry long fiber sphagum

Recieved and sown. Thank you so much, that was a ton of seed. I split it up into a few different pots and soils to increase odds of success. Hopefully I will get some extras to be able to have my own give-away in the semi-near future.

They're sprouting! Must be some fresh seeds! :banana2:

Back