What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have some Nepenthes mirabilis - Penang, Mengkuang Titi plants for trade. They're decently sized; the larger ones are 8" to 10" diameter and the smaller ones are 4" to 6" diameter. Most of them are turning out to have a red peristome with varying amounts of red in the pitcher. I'll post some pics illustrating pitcher variability a little later, but for now here's a slightly dated picture of the plants for trade:

mirabilispenangsale.jpg

I'm looking for-
similarly sized lowland/intermediate nepenthes that are not on my growlist (or are different clones/sex)
Lecanopteris mirabilis
Lecanopteris lomarioides
Drosera ordensis (location data preferred)
P. planifolia (location data preferred)

I also have seeds of
Drosera filiformis "Florida all red"
Drosera indica (typical/scented)
Drosera intermedia - Cuba
Drosera burmannii - Beerwah, Queensland, Australia
Byblis liniflora

which I'm willing to trade for seeds of
orange or red flowered D. indica
byblis other than liniflora

---------- Post added 09-20-2009 at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-19-2009 at 06:18 AM ----------

Here's what you should expect as the plants mature.

Most are turning out to have a reddish-brown pitcher coloration such as this one (not a great pic, I know):

mirabilisredish1.jpg

A few are turning out to be a very nice deep red:

mirabilisred03x.jpg

And so far among the larger siblings, I've only ended up with one mostly green plant:

mirabilisgreen1.jpg

It's still too early to tell what color the available seedlings will be but most show at least some red coloration.

Back