What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utric sandersonii & Utric graminifolia Giveaway

Everything is all spoken for, sorry. It will be a few months for it to recover for this!

Ok. Thanks though!

Sorry!

Last edited:
Did you get my funds?

thx again i got it yesterday they look gr8

The goal here is basically to get some new people to try Utric's so I'm trying to pick some easy growing ones that the older crowd probably already has. Anyway just sign up and send me an e-mail or PM and just pay $5 for the postage.
RSS,
I'm curious if the $5 covered your costs? I know the post office has been increasing their costs each year but I have strong memories of sending out many plants in prior trades / giveaways and they almost always cost less than $5. Today I shipped out a small priority box with 2 - 2.5" pots & 2 smaller pots. It cost $8.70. Obviously, an additional $3.70 won't break anyone, but it's all adding up - especially when I do larger giveaways...

RSS,
I'm curious if the $5 covered your costs? I know the post office has been increasing their costs each year but I have strong memories of sending out many plants in prior trades / giveaways and they almost always cost less than $5. Today I shipped out a small priority box with 2 - 2.5" pots & 2 smaller pots. It cost $8.70. Obviously, an additional $3.70 won't break anyone, but it's all adding up - especially when I do larger giveaways...

With 1 potted and 1 bareroot the $5 was close enough to cover the postage. Now if your bring real "costs" into this no way. Mailing those 11...yes I ended up with 11 boxes, someone sneaked a snail mail $5 in there and could not easily figure out who was the correct one and it was just not worth my time to deal with it so there yea go. Anyway those 11 boxes used up alot of materials, its no big deal but as you said over time this things do add up. For a giveaway I'm fine with just covering postage and usually round up or down just to keep things simple. Its when you start thinking like a business that you need to take into account materials/time/gas/wear tear all those happy things. It sounds silly but have you replaced a printer cartridge from only printing USPS labels yet? I have...that cost needs to go somewhere. Not to mention all that paper!

Back